Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-16-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
NedScharpf
NedScharpf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
9 Free Books from Amazon!

Amazon is giving away 10 free books for the Kindle.

This is the best giveaway that I have seen for the Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK3O8N8S0GGP1DB

Prague by Arthur Phillips
Caught Stealing by Charlie Huston
Six Bad Things by Charlie Huston
Murder List by Julie Garwood
The Foreign Correspondent by Alan Furst
The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death by Laurie Notaro
Free-Range Chickens by Simon Rich
The Whiskey Rebels by David Liss
A Dangerous Man by Charlie Huston

If this is old news and has already been posted here, I apologize - I could not find that it had been posted, but I would be shocked if the knowledgeable people who visit this site dont already know about it.

I downloaded 8 of 9 and calculate that the total I saved was probably about $200, or about 2/3 the price of my kindle. These are books I really would otherwise have purchased. I am pumped!

Ned

Last edited by NedScharpf; 12-16-2008 at 04:30 PM.
NedScharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
NedScharpf
NedScharpf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Talking I just saw the BoB posting on Sunday

Sorry about the duplicate post!
NedScharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
excellent !
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
These are the same book Sony is giving away, I think its a promotion through random house.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
ericjohnson1981
ericjohnson1981 doesn't litterericjohnson1981 doesn't litterericjohnson1981 doesn't litter

Device: free
Never heard about any of these. Are any of them any good?
ericjohnson1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #6
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Thanks for the list - I just snagged them from Sony - I don't know that I would have bought any of them - but maybe I'll find a gem - really what I need to find is a couple more hours a day to read!
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #7
alll87
alll87 began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks for share!!!!!!
alll87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll87 View Post
thanks for share!!!!!!

You're showing "no device" [Reader], but these titles were also offered by Sony and, I believe, are still available.

This was actually a Random House promo. Sony and Kindle owners both benefitted.

Have fun.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #9
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Available from Sony, Kindle Store, Stanza, Books on Board through Feb. 28.

http://finding-free-ebooks.blogspot....-dec-15th.html
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #10
DickyCheung22
Enthusiast
DickyCheung22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Excellent! Thanks for share!
DickyCheung22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:48 PM   #11
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post

http://finding-free-ebooks.blogspot....-dec-15th.html
Fictionwise has just announced that they are offering the same random house books but they are only offering them in ereader format whereas books on board has included mobipocket for 8 of the 9... I love fictionwise but am disappointed about the limited format there

Elihu
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:19 PM   #12
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsussman View Post
Fictionwise has just announced that they are offering the same random house books but they are only offering them in ereader format whereas books on board has included mobipocket for 8 of the 9... I love fictionwise but am disappointed about the limited format there

Elihu
Thanks, I've updated my blog.

Where did they announce this?
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:24 PM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Did anyone read Prague or the Foreign Correspondent yet? Those were the two I downloaded and I haven't gotten to them yet.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:32 AM   #14
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjohnson1981 View Post
I really enjoyed The Whiskey Rebels by David Liss - I'd been wanting to read it even before this promotion, so it was perfect.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:28 AM   #15
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjohnson1981 View Post

I downloaded 6 of them and I've already read:

The Idiot Girl and the Tantrum of Death - it's described as personal memoir. Add humerous. I enjoyed it.

Murder List - described as Romance, Suspense.
Enjoyed this too.

Looked at the Charles huston books and I don't think I'll read them. Neither the writing style nor the themes appeal to me.

Laine
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote