Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Possible bug in 7.4 Tag Editor error

After I changed a tag in my book, when I clicked on the Tag Editor button to add a second description, I got the error message:

ERROR: Cannot use tag editor: The tags editor cannot be used if you have modified the tags

I had to delete the first tag I'd entered to get back into the tag editor to add the two I actually wanted assigned to the book.

(Using calibre 7.4 on Windows XP).

I hope this isn't a duplicate posting.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:58 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
This isn't a bug, but is instead a design limitation.

When you change tags in the metadata editor, the changes are not 'real' until you press OK. By 'real' I mean they are not stored in the database. This scheme permits Cancel to back out all the changes without unintended side effects.

The tags editor reads the tags from the database. Because the changes aren't there yet, it will display incorrect information and throw away the changes you already made. This behavior is seen as suboptimal, so it is prevented.

Workarounds: use the tag editor before manually changing tags, or commit your changes with OK and reedit the metadata.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 05:02 AM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I don't remember it working this way before. Was this a design change?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Not a design change, but a bug fix. It used to silently through away any changes made to tags before using the tag editor. See bug #5809 (http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/5809)
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote