Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #46
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Life BEFORE my first divorce - miserable
Life AFTER my first divorce - happy but broke
Life AFTER she remarried - Happy and not broke

I'm so glad that you're creating happier memories with the passage of time.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #47
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Remember when there used to be real SERVICE STATIONS.

Gas station attendants that checked your car’s fluids, tire pressure and washed your windshield, gave you a free road map, green stamps, logo key ring, model car, or other freebie, and even PUMPED YOUR GAS FOR YOU while you comfortably sat inside your car. And the rest room keys were never attached to a cinder block (because the doors were never locked.) And if you needed it, they would change a flat, change your oil or fix whatever might be wrong with your car . . . all in your own neighborhood. Genuine all under one roof service for your car.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #48
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Do forgive me, Sir. I didn't leave it out or mean disrespect but basically ignored it as it has no meaning to me. They are labels others use and their meanings change.

I grew up with an extended family that included just about everything. We never thought anything of it. Now-a-days if you had to "PC" label family members it would include (assume the quotes. please): mentally challenged, musical savant, gifted, visually challenged, etc.. They were never "different" until entering the school system and were labeled. Those same family members are now: 2 doctors, 1 lawyer (Harvard), 1 priest, 1 vet, 2 nurses, 3 pharmacists, 2 band members, 1 teacher, etc.

So much for "the system" labels, huh?

So true. Usually some mom would yell out the front door that so-and-so's mom was looking for them and it was time to go home or you were seen doing something and by the time you got home whatever you did or said was already known by your mom

I remember walking barefoot everywhere, sharing the same coke, and drinking from hoses

*sniff* I wanna be 10 again!!!!!!!!!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #49
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
That "flavored" hot water from the first bit of the hose was the best! Once the cool water came thru, however, it was required that one absolutely must squirt one's little sister while you held the hose for her to drink. Then mom or grandmom would come to the door and make us sit down on the porch for a while and settle down.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #50
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Catching lizards, petting them and letting them go. Bwana Lizard Hunter, bringing them back alive.

For old Texans, if you caught horny toads (now endangered due to fire ants (perhaps)), and gently petted them, they'd wiggle thier tail like a puppy...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #51
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Catching lizards, petting them and letting them go. Bwana Lizard Hunter, bringing them back alive.

For old Texans, if you caught horny toads (now endangered due to fire ants (perhaps)), and gently petted them, they'd wiggle thier tail like a puppy...
Really? I never knew that about horny toads! We would just hold little tiny lizards against the sidewalk by their tails until they snappled loose from the tail and escaped.

I wish fire ants were endangered. Do you remember me telling y'all last fall about finding the squirrel tearing apart the fire ant bed beside our sidewalk? Big huge ant mound, nothing would kill it, not poison, not even pouring gas on it and setting it on fire. Anyhow, we were leaving for work, and there it was: A squirrel trying to bury a pecan in the mound. It would dig ferociously for a minute, then go rolling in a conniption fit to get them all off, then go back and dig some more. Completely destroyed that unkillable mound. But now there is another one about 3 feet (a metre to y'all who don't use regular measuring) away, just as big as the previous mound. No squirrels have attacked it yet. I need to bait it with a pecan or something.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #52
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Really? I never knew that about horny toads! We would just hold little tiny lizards against the sidewalk by their tails until they snappled loose from the tail and escaped.

I wish fire ants were endangered. Do you remember me telling y'all last fall about finding the squirrel tearing apart the fire ant bed beside our sidewalk? Big huge ant mound, nothing would kill it, not poison, not even pouring gas on it and setting it on fire. Anyhow, we were leaving for work, and there it was: A squirrel trying to bury a pecan in the mound. It would dig ferociously for a minute, then go rolling in a conniption fit to get them all off, then go back and dig some more. Completely destroyed that unkillable mound. But now there is another one about 3 feet (a metre to y'all who don't use regular measuring) away, just as big as the previous mound. No squirrels have attacked it yet. I need to bait it with a pecan or something.

If their tails came for, I felt I had failed as a hunter. Alive and intact, just as I found them. (Catching skinks was a bear. I haven't seen them either in decades. Big green striped lizards. Officially known as the Five Lined Skink. Fast suckers.)

Squirrels and fire ant mounds...Something to keep the back of the ole heads...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote