Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #136
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyd View Post
A few questions. I received my Nexus 7 and so far so good. New at this.
How do you delete things such as a book or movie ? Windows person, where you go to folders and trash. Can that be done?
Anyone here try Firefox as a browser? I see it's available and wonder if it runs well. I use it on my laptop and like it.
Last. The user guide is ok but is there a better way of getting to know this device other than hitting "buttons"?
So far I really like my Nexus, but am having some difficulty navigating around.
I use firefox on my nexus 7 ,BUt i only use it for some web pages that need FLASH .FIREFOX BETA + FLASH 11.1 sideloaded means you can view most flash based web sites that chrome & dolphin cant use

FIREFOX BETA is defenitly slower by quit a margin so i seldom use it.

1. Install firefox BETA

2. download & INSTALL FLASH 11.1

http://hotfile.com/dl/141531583/bea2...111.5.apk.html

Last edited by darksaber35; 08-30-2012 at 04:24 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #137
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
... means you can view most flash based web sites that chrome & dolphin cant use ...
Dolphin supports Flash, and is certainly worth a look. Nice and fast.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #138
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Dolphin supports Flash, and is certainly worth a look. Nice and fast.

Graham
Older versions do. The version in the Play store for the Nexus 7 does not so you need to sideload an older version.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #139
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I use Skyfire when I have videos to play...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #140
duckfeet
duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nexus 7
Just want to thank all of you for your help with this...I'd actually cracked my screen on my Nexus7 and had to deal with that...just got tablet back, now I just installed Aldiko, and thanks to your suggestions, I now see how I can transfer some of my books to my increasingly costly tablet!
duckfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 07:05 AM   #141
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Older versions do. The version in the Play store for the Nexus 7 does not so you need to sideload an older version.
Dolphin MINI plays flash weB sites as i have useD it to replace Firefox BETA,it displays them better and also runs faster than the full Dolphin.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....browser&hl=en
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #142
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
Dolphin MINI plays flash weB sites as i have useD it to replace Firefox BETA,it displays them better and also runs faster than the full Dolphin.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....browser&hl=en
I use it as default browser too. Liked Opera, but it didn't always work right.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #143
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
How do I get the main home screen to landscape view? or can you?
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #144
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There was a very recent OTA upgrade for this specifically. Connect to wifi and it should prompt for the upgrade. Workarounds are no longer necessary so I will not go into detail with what folks were previously doing.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #145
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
There was a very recent OTA upgrade for this specifically. Connect to wifi and it should prompt for the upgrade. Workarounds are no longer necessary so I will not go into detail with what folks were previously doing.
My OTA upgrade failed. I do not remember what the error message was. I am wondering if it is worth sorting out, or if I should just continue to use the old firmware...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #146
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
How do I get the main home screen to landscape view? or can you?
If your device does not auto update, you can do it manually. The factory images and instructions are here.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #147
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
If your device does not auto update, you can do it manually. The factory images and instructions are here.
I just forces an OTA update today using the trick at:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/10...ng-out-slowly/

I had to reset tha data twice for it to work.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #148
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I just forces an OTA update today using the trick at:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/10...ng-out-slowly/

I had to reset tha data twice for it to work.
I followed those instructions. My "about" says I am running 4.1.1. Checking for updates says "Your system is up to date."

So, it looks like my Nexus 7 is not allowed to run the 4.1.2 firmware at this time...

I did clear the settings as suggested, so perhaps they may push the OTA update at me again (or perhaps not).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #149
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I followed those instructions. My "about" says I am running 4.1.1. Checking for updates says "Your system is up to date."

So, it looks like my Nexus 7 is not allowed to run the 4.1.2 firmware at this time...

I did clear the settings as suggested, so perhaps they may push the OTA update at me again (or perhaps not).
The first time it did not work for me. So I did it once more and I think I pushed forced stop after clear data the second time. Then when I checked for an update I got 4.1.2.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #150
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post

I had to stop, and then reset Google Framework nine times - it eventually did the trick. You gave up too easily!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote