Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The Breath of Heaven -- Anybody Want an ARC?

******************************UPDATE************** *****************

Edited to Add: THE BREATH OF HEAVEN is currently free on kindle. If anyone would like to snag a complimentary copy, now's your chance.

Many thanks to those who helped proofread ARC copies of this book!

THE BREATH OF HEAVEN AND OTHER STORIES

(get a copy)

This sampler brings together three stories found in other collections.

In Knowing Neither Kin Nor Foe, the arthropodic Kitjaya is a solo mind, bereft of telepathic communication with her sib-group and destined to protect her people from a malevolent destroyer. But as the day of reckoning approaches, she finds herself unwilling to play out the role expected by her society.

In The Breath of Heaven, the sentient information system SACIA struggles to behave ethically in the aftermath of mass murder.

In the Halls of the Sky-Palace tells the story of young Aesva, the last living bearer of the Gift in the Sky-King's palace. She must unravel the mysterious living death that has overcome the king's dancers.

Last edited by Nancy Fulda; 09-30-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I got it. It worked very well on the native reader on my Asus Transformer, and while I only glanced at the Calibre reader, it looked good there, too.

I found some typos, but I'll PM them to you since I'm not quite sure how to explain where they are due the pagination being different on each reader.

I liked all three of the stories--they aren't like any SF I've read before, which is a good thing. While they all ended in a "natural" place, still I was rather sorry to see them end.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #3
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you so much! I'll go take a look at the typos.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
I'm just marking this thread so I will remember. I have downloaded this but won't have time before next week to look at it. Thanks!
Mary
Old 08-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Release Day

It's out! It's out!

Many thanks to those who helped me find formatting problems. Hopefully we've gotten them all, but if I missed any I will gladly provide a corrected version to affected customers.

This collection includes the story which, according to one reviewer, 'in some ways outshone both Asimov and Clarke'. It really is worth your while to read it. It's got AI and stuff.

(Oh yeah, and I updated the cover image. I think it's cooler now.)

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/79299

View ebook at Amazon

View ebook at Smashwords

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-24-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

THE BREATH OF HEAVEN is currently free on kindle. If anyone would like to grab a complimentary copy, now's your chance.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Woohoo!! I hope lots of people take advantage of this offer!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
THE BREATH OF HEAVEN is currently free on kindle. If anyone would like to grab a complimentary copy, now's your chance.
Thank you, Nancy!
Closed Thread