Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #46
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Currently Active Users: 741 (36 members and 705 guests)
Most users ever online was 1,413, 01-23-2005 at 01:03 PM.

We're over half-way there! This Kindle 2 News Alert seems to be drawing in a lot of Guests...
I tweeted this thread. Possible brought in some traffic. Engadget uses Alex's scoop but didn't link.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #47
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
giz has the article too. that is why
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #48
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I tweeted this thread. Possible brought in some traffic. Engadget uses Alex's scoop but didn't link.

BOb
Could you try tweetering desertgrandma's current poll (see my sig.) to see if we can break the 1000 voter barrier?

Only obstacle I can see is that you have to be a member to vote! Maybe Mobileread will get a spike in memberships...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #49
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
giz has the article too. that is why
And Giz credited Mobileread.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:20 AM   #50
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
My Kindle better last a long time, cause I'm not buying that. I hate joysticks and suck at making them work. Sigh.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:32 AM   #51
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLS View Post
I hate joysticks and suck at making them work. Sigh.
That's what she said.

BOb
Old 02-07-2009, 12:32 AM   #52
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
dual post

Last edited by desertgrandma; 02-07-2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: going to bed now, making too many mistakes.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #53
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I think it looks beautiful. I also have a real problem with the joystick.

Now, I'm wondering.........is the battery replaceable?

Is there an SD card slot?

Is the screen at least the same size as what I have now?

Guess those questions will be answered on the 9th.

I definitely won't be replacing mine, regardless. I"ve grown attached to it!

[SIZE="3"]I"m wondering.......is it backlit? Is the screen in color? Can I use the whispernet in Australia, France or Canada? And most of all, can I download the paperbooks I"ve bought from Amazon in the past for free? [/SIZE]
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #54
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

I am sure many have the same questions. Also, what is NEW? Other than the form factor? Does it do anything else? Does it have a GSM radio in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Is the screen at least the same size as what I have now?
I'm 99% sure the answer to that is yes.

BOb
Old 02-07-2009, 01:18 AM   #55
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindleing since 11/4/08
I plan on sticking with the one I have now. I love my Kindle 1. I like the way K1 looks better... ya call me crazy. I have gotten attached to it. If the new one has a joystick and no sd slot and no removable battery, I would rather stick with mine! The shape of K1 seems like it would fit better in the hand than the new one. K2 seems too square... i like the angled shape of the Kindle.
awesomevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:35 AM   #56
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Is there any info on the weight? I hope its lighter. If it is I think I will definitely get it. I hate the edges if the current one. I like to hold it without a case and it is not always comfortable. Lighter would be great though! I never use an sd card so that doesn't worry me too much. It's hard to judge size though. It looks bigger but when the models are holding it , it doesn't look too large. I wish it would come in black though!
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:54 AM   #57
Flub
Groupie
Flub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel is

Device: iPhone, PRS-505, K2i, iPad 64GB+3G, K3, Nexus S
No sign of them launching outside of the US then? That's a shame
Flub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:08 AM   #58
Kindleist
Kindleist began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Alexander, how did you get a hold of these leaked images?
Kindleist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:28 AM   #59
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
From the pictures, it does look like on the left side that there are a couple holes for maybe a Sony -like attached case. Unless those slots are for something else. They look pretty small so I can't figure out what else it might be for.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:59 AM   #60
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I'll wait to see the specs for a final decision, but right now, I gotta say it has way too much wasted space. It still looks like you could strap a handle on it and play ping pong with it.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote