Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
kamichai
kamichai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Password-protected PDF

Where in the PDF-to-MOBI conversion process do I enter the password for my PDF? Conversion fails of course because of this issue:

Command Line Error: Incorrect password
kamichai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
rocky1069
rocky1069 began at the beginning.

Device: Kimdle e-reader
Make a new pdf

Remove the password from your pdf, using Adobe reader you can remove easily if you know password.. make a new copy of it without any security in it. Then do converting.
rocky1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2018, 11:20 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamichai View Post
Where in the PDF-to-MOBI conversion process do I enter the password for my PDF? Conversion fails of course because of this issue:

Command Line Error: Incorrect password
I suspect you are going to need to generate a unprotected copy of the PDF before converting it. There are several online and offline utilities to do so. The "official" method is to open the file in Acrobat Pro, supply the password and then set the document to no security and then save the file.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #4
kamichai
kamichai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks, DNSB and rocky1069. This worked. The formatting on the Kindle is wierd, but at least I can read it. Many thanks!
kamichai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:15 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamichai View Post
Thanks, DNSB and rocky1069. This worked. The formatting on the Kindle is wierd, but at least I can read it. Many thanks!
Now you've overcome the password issue, the k2pdfopt tool may produce a more readable PDF for your Kindle.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert