Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Only five font sizes in K2?

Watching the video again, it mentions that the K2 has only FIVE font sizes! Anybody know what they are and what the largest one is?

Not that I am contemplating upgrading, as am perfectly content with my K1, but if it every should die of old age, then there is only one choice now.

If they don't have the largest size as 20 point anymore, that is a total deal killer for me and many others with vision problems.

Say it ain't so, Bezos.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
sfernald
Zealot
sfernald doesn't littersfernald doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
Watching the video again, it mentions that the K2 has only FIVE font sizes! Anybody know what they are and what the largest one is?

Not that I am contemplating upgrading, as am perfectly content with my K1, but if it every should die of old age, then there is only one choice now.

If they don't have the largest size as 20 point anymore, that is a total deal killer for me and many others with vision problems.

Say it ain't so, Bezos.
I see SIX fonts when I press the font button on my K2. And the biggest one is quiet big - I don't know what font size that would be though.
sfernald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post

Say it ain't so, Bezos.
From the downloadable K2 users guide

Changing the Text Size
You can adjust the size of the text to suit your preference. You have a choice of six sizes for
reading content on Kindle. (You cannot change the text size on menus or on Kindle screens, such
as the Home screen or the Kindle Store.)
To
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Yep... got six on mine... I am using the smallest right now.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDad6 View Post
Yep... got six on mine... I am using the smallest right now.
You've got far better eyesight than I do!
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
Six on mine...

I usually use 3, but when reading in bed I use 4.
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #7
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Six on mine... the smallest seems to be about the size of a densely printed paperback or slightly larger. My Kindle 2 defaulted to Size 4, and that about as small as I'm willing to go.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote