Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
Atagahi
Enthusiast
Atagahi began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Power button not shutting off

So suddenly the my power button will not shut off my reader but it will still turn it on. The only way to turn off the reader now is the device shutdown in advanced settings. The problem is that when I use that it takes forever to load when it is turned back on and uses a great deal of battery in the process.

Any ideas on how to fix it, without reseting the whole thing?
Atagahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Power-button never shut off a PRS-505. It will just set it into standby.

Anyway, after one hour idle, the PR-505 will enter standby automatically.

As restarting or a soft-reset (press the reset-button with a paper-clip) didn't solve your problem there might be a hardware issue with the power-switch.

You can try to install PRS+.
PRS+ allows to assign any button to put the reader into standby, and it allows to set the auto-standby time to a shorter value. Like 5 minutes.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I read somewhere prob. on these boards about someone who took his 505 (I think apart) and realigned the power switch. I think the 505 is not like the 650 where the power-switch is part of the mobo so when the switch goes (which it does) the mobo goes too. Duh, Sony. Anyway, find that thread. You might be able to fix it. Or do the work around with Prs+ as Mark Nord suggests.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote