Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #211
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
DANL Members!

Quote:
Save 30% on Tamara Hogan books on Discover a New Love
with COUPON CODE: HOGAN

Sale on "Chase Me" and her PRISM Award-Winning Paranormal Romance "Taste Me." Expires October 26, 2012

Last edited by Blossom; 10-19-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #212
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
All this plug-in talk reminds me what a sad state the Tags and series info for my library are in.
The Manage Series plug-in is a big help with series, once I had a clue of what books are in a series and the order.

And Kiwidude is fantastic and very responsive with his plug-ins. He's gotten a donation from me because of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
If anyone likes audiobooks, The Next Always by Nora Roberts is free on Audible.

Thanks!

Last edited by copyrite; 10-19-2012 at 04:30 PM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #213
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
If anyone likes audiobooks, The Next Always by Nora Roberts is free on Audible.
I just saw this. A free Nora Roberts Audio book.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #214
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I'm weird in that I like to manually split my bundles, but I'll check out this ePub split plugin.

I am also a tag minimalist. I usually only tag the book as:
  1. Contemporary, Historical, Futuristic, or Time Travel (or in the instances that don't fit one of those, I also use Steampunk or Fantasy, but they are more rare for me)
  2. And as applicable I use:
    • Paranormal
    • Anthology
    • Novella
    • Online read (for Harlequin free stories/author website freebies/etc)
    • the series type (Silhouette Intimate Moments/Harlequin Intrigue/etc). This is for all for category books: Silhouette, Harlequin, Loveswept, Candlelight Ecstasy, Jove, etc.
    • And in rare instances, a series name if a book is part of two series (such as Jayne Castle's Arcane books which are also part of her World or Harmony series) or when characters from one series cross-over into another

And I always use the original publication date. If a book is a reissue I will list the "current" publisher or self-published, and then add a note about the original publisher in the notes below the blurb.

I love that Calibre is so easy to personalize the way each individual wants to. I like my meta-data the way I want it and if I had to keep the publisher's it would annoy me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
All this plug-in talk reminds me what a sad state the Tags and series info for my library are in.
I bit the bullet and cleaned up my library and tags back when it had less than 200 books. I made a list of the tags I thought I would need. It took a week or so for me to get it done, and now I just manually edit each book's metadata as I add it. Of course during the huge Harlequin sale last year, that took me a few days with all the new additions.

I also split my library so I have my main library and one I call "Vault" where I put all the books I liked enough to keep, but don't currently have on my Sony.

Because space isn't an issue I find myself keeping digital copies of books I would probably donate if they were print. So I try to ask myself if I would really ever reread the book. Yet, I still find it easier to delete freebie books that were "meh" than ones I paid for

Last edited by library addict; 10-19-2012 at 04:47 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #215
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I'm weird in that I like to manually split my bundles, but I'll check out this ePub split plugin.
It's so fast and easier with the plugin. I split my bundles too but now I do it much faster with the plugin.
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #216
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post

I love that Calibre is so easy to personalize the way each individual wants to. I like my meta-data the way I want it and if I had to keep the publisher's it would annoy me
Me too! I'm pretty meticulous with my meta-data. I usually list the original publication date, if it's a self-pub backlist release I will list the original publisher. I like my bundles and anthologies broken up into individual files so I can rate each one, and have it appear in the correct series and author sorts (this reduces the likelihood of buying the same book twice!). The only thing it doesn't do that I want is allow me to assign 1/2 stars for the rating.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:51 AM   #217
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just saw this. A free Nora Roberts Audio book.
Great find! Thanks!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #218
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Great find! Thanks!
Synamon was the one who found it. I just now checked my Kindle and saw the offer is suppose to be special offer but anyone can grab it.

I still can't believe it's free. Nora Roberts is a big name. Funny I'm currently reading one of her books. One of her old HQs that Penguin reissued and charges outrageous prices on. $7 for a HQ that has 12 chapters is ridiculous! I admit I was duped back in April when I bought it.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:25 AM   #219
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
I still can't believe it's free. Nora Roberts is a big name. Funny I'm currently reading one of her books. One of her old HQs that Penguin reissued and charges outrageous prices on. $7 for a HQ that has 12 chapters is ridiculous! I admit I was duped back in April when I bought it.
I've seen those. And I agree it's obscene the prices they want for those old Harlequins.

I remember when she made such a big deal about putting that symbol on her new books because she was so frustrated that Harlequin kept reprinting her old books. And yet, as soon as they reverted to her, she went with a publisher that put them out in about 3 months, without any acknowledgement that they were reprints either. And those prices, sheesh!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:59 AM   #220
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I've seen those. And I agree it's obscene the prices they want for those old Harlequins.

I remember when she made such a big deal about putting that symbol on her new books because she was so frustrated that Harlequin kept reprinting her old books. And yet, as soon as they reverted to her, she went with a publisher that put them out in about 3 months, without any acknowledgement that they were reprints either. And those prices, sheesh!
Yeah I bought two of them before I found out they were HQs so that $14+tax I paid but I am wiser now. I can't wait for Agency pricing to go away with that publisher. They have to give in sometime. Not as high as Random House books but still.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:24 AM   #221
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Synamon was the one who found it. I just now checked my Kindle and saw the offer is suppose to be special offer but anyone can grab it.

It's a current Kindle Special Offer. So far, the ones on audible have all been accessible to anyone that knows the hidden ASIN to load the page.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:29 AM   #222
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
It's a current Kindle Special Offer. So far, the ones on audible have all been accessible to anyone that knows the hidden ASIN to load the page.
This (a special ASIN) must be why it didn't display that I already had the book in my Audible library. I had clicked through the link, but I was pretty sure I had already bought it, but it didn't display as being "in library".

I guess it wouldn't have mattered, since it's a freebie. But I wouldn't have wanted to have it in my library twice anyway.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #223
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I have a question, is the epub split plugin accessed by right clicking a book, selecting tweak, and then explode? I can't find any other way to split an epub, and I do have the epubsplit installed.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #224
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I have a question, is the epub split plugin accessed by right clicking a book, selecting tweak, and then explode? I can't find any other way to split an epub, and I do have the epubsplit installed.
Just click on a book so it's selected (highlighted but not open) then click the button for epubsplit. That should open a popup that displays the contents.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #225
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Thank you....I discovered that the button was not on my toolbar. So fixed that and have had fun splitting up a few anthologies. Much better than the other way I was doing it!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote