Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
When?

Is there any idea of when Astak will be able to sell ebook readers again? And what they will be? I would love to see an Hanlin V3 style with a nice screen (probably won't be able to get pearl, I know) fast processor, at a goooood price. I don't care about touch screen or internet, just need a good dependable workhorse of a reader that will handle folder/file book order. Is that so much to ask?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why not just buy another brand of reader? There are plenty of fish in the sea. Astak don't seem to be interested in selling eBook readers any longer. Buy from someone who is.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would, but I can't find one I like as much as my EZ Reader! The Sony and Kindle screens are beautiful, but you can't do folder/file sorting of books, which is very important to me. And Nook is heavy. I don't want any color screen......
OK, I'm a whiner, I admit it!!!! Maybe I'll just look at alternate firmware for my V3 to speed up page turns, then I'll be happy.
S
Old 01-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The EZ Reader is a rebadged Hanlin V3. These are sold under many other names, so you should have no difficulty finding one.

There are lots of other readers with full folder support. You might like to take a look at PocketBook, for example: their readers are excellent.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm responding to your thread about a different brand, but only because (as Harry states), Astak apparently has abandoned the ebook market, and hardly no one seems to post here anymore.

I also am speaking with the authority that comes from ownership.

I own both the PocketPro and and PocketBook 360.

I wholeheartedly endorse the PocketBook 360. It does what the PocketPro does and does it more elegantly and (in my opinon), it does it better than the PocketPro.

The PocketPro sits in a drawer, unused.

The PocketBook 360 (like my Kindle 3) is used daily. It's an incredibly versatile Ebook Reader.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
silverraven
Guru

Actually, my sister owns the 360. I ordered it for her, set it up, then sent it on to her. It is very very nice. The ONLY quibble I have with it is it doesn't have a traditional case to clip my Itty Bitty Book Lite on. I have to use a book lite so hubby can sleep, and the only one that doesn't hurt my eyes is the Itty Bitty one. (incandescent instead of LED light). The way the IBBL hooks on is a slide so that it will work on paper back books. I have 2 in reserve and about 50 bulbs stockpiled in case they ever stop making them!!
I wish the Kindle 3 did folder/file sorting for books. So much neater than 'collections'. Oh well, can't have it all!!
You could send me your PocketPro to save some drawer space. I have a very nice drawer for it to live in!
S
Old 01-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'd second Don's recommendation of the PocketBook 360 - it's a great little reader.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I ordered a BeBook 2010 from mybebook.com late last year. Delivery to Canada was very quick. It is the Hanlin V3+, with a better controller and faster processor than the V3. The firmware has improved also. I have a calendar update problem, but I haven't decided if that is a big problem. I do like perfection, but I also like reading on the 2010 better than reading on my BeBook 1... Can I give it up for a month (estimated)?
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I ordered a BeBook 2010 from mybebook.com late last year. Delivery to Canada was very quick. It is the Hanlin V3+, with a better controller and faster processor than the V3. The firmware has improved also. I have a calendar update problem, but I haven't decided if that is a big problem. I do like perfection, but I also like reading on the 2010 better than reading on my BeBook 1... Can I give it up for a month (estimated)?
What is the nature of your problem? If you power down the calendar will be lost anyway. It is done in firmware so it is unlikely to be fixed by sending it in.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm responding to your thread about a different brand, but only because (as Harry states), Astak apparently has abandoned the ebook market, and hardly no one seems to post here anymore.

I also am speaking with the authority that comes from ownership.

I own both the PocketPro and and PocketBook 360.

I wholeheartedly endorse the PocketBook 360. It does what the PocketPro does and does it more elegantly and (in my opinon), it does it better than the PocketPro.

The PocketPro sits in a drawer, unused.

The PocketBook 360 (like my Kindle 3) is used daily. It's an incredibly versatile Ebook Reader.

Don
Like the DOC...I own the 360 and the PP. I think they are both excellent readers and each has some advantages. Why not order your V3 directly from the Jinke Website?
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
silverraven
Guru

Quote:
Why not order your V3 directly from the Jinke Website?
I guess because I would be buying 'old' technology for more than I could buy either a Kindle 3 or a Sony Touch, by the time I add in the $62 for shipping. (for the V3+)
Now, if the price were dropped by about half........
OK, fine, not even half, maybe a third.
S
Old 01-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #12
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
Well it costs more but it does have the ability to read about anything....and its still available when the EZreader isn't. I bookmarked the 360 on Amazon as I can't afford one right now, but I think maybe its my new 'dream' ereader
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #13
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushan View Post
Well it costs more but it does have the ability to read about anything....and its still available when the EZreader isn't. I bookmarked the 360 on Amazon as I can't afford one right now, but I think maybe its my new 'dream' ereader
Check out the Pocketbookreader website. This one is based in the USA:

http://www.pocketbookreader.com/

I bought mine from there only.. 130 dollars. I had to pay 50 dollars shipping to get it to Japan...but worth every dollar to me. I read on it every day along with my PP..
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #14
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
If my PP screen goes again, I will seriously consider one of the PocketBook readers. I would miss the PP, though.
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:47 AM   #15
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqncigars View Post
If my PP screen goes again, I will seriously consider one of the PocketBook readers. I would miss the PP, though.
The PP is a brilliant reader IMHO, and in the 5" market there is very little of quality to choose from, the Sony or the Pocketbook, nothing else is really that good.

That said I don't think I could ever feel confident buying from Astak (nor recommending) again. Who says if tomorrow they start selling ereaders again that in 1 or 2 or 6 months they just stop again??
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote