Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #181
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Here are my contributions today. A Christian Romance Leave It to Chance by Sherri Sand
http://www.amazon.com/Leave-It-Chanc...e+It+to+Chance

Then one for Halloween. This grabbed my attention for I have never read the author before. Husband Rehab by Curtis Hox

Josie Bran has a great idea to keep her sister's husband from messing up the living room: Husband Rehab. She's a witch who can brew spells, but she never uses her craft in public. She takes matters into her own hands and offers marital therapy for a few lucky men. When her old crush, Lennox Cruz, comes asking for help, she can't imagine why. He's perfect. Josie falls for him again as she pretends to provide therapy. In the end she must make a fateful decision: help Lennox love his evil wife, or help him escape her.

http://www.amazon.com/Husband-Rehab-...0589904&sr=1-1
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #182
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
On the subject of re-releasing backlists am I the only one that searches out the original covers and puts them back on the book?
No, I usually do. Unless I cannot find them or really like the new cover better (which is rare).

Even too small images which don't look so hot on my PC usually look fine on my Sony. And I added Fantastic Fiction to the auto grab sources in Calibre, so I don't always have to track down the images myself.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #183
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
No, I usually do. Unless I cannot find them or really like the new cover better (which is rare).

Even too small images which don't look so hot on my PC usually look fine on my Sony. And I added Fantastic Fiction to the auto grab sources in Calibre, so I don't always have to track down the images myself.
Some of my favorite stepbacks are hard to find. And I hate trying to scan them because it can damage the paperback. Amanda Quick's were my favorite because they had more than just the standard clench hold. Several scenes were depicted. Here is her Rendezvous stepback

Auntykatkat

Last edited by auntykatkat; 10-18-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: named book
Old 10-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #184
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
This I know it (and I have it) in the Spanish version
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #185
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
The book was Johanna Lindsey's Angel. The panther was the lady's pet. It was the third book in the Wyoming Series.

Auntykatkat
Here it is in Kindle for $3.79 for anyone else curious. $2.71 at BOB though.

Book one here and Book Two here Both the same price as book three.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-18-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #186
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
For me, these are "Valiente viento salvaje" (I didn't like it), "Trueno salvaje" (that widow trying to lose her maidenhood) and "Ángel".... Some of the first romance books (not harlequin) I read.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #187
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
For me, these are "Valiente viento salvaje" (I didn't like it), "Trueno salvaje" (that widow trying to lose her maidenhood) and "Ángel".... Some of the first romance books (not harlequin) I read.
I don't think I've read them. I know I've read some of hers but I think it was a medieval romance. In my youth I only read medieval and some westerns. I have them on my buy list for tomorrow for when I get my money.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #188
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post

And tip of the day goes to.... library addict ! I did not know that you could add auto sources. I'm definitely going to look in to this, usually I just chuck the authors name and book title into google images and then look through what it spits up choosing the best size cover.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #189
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think the feature is part of the Fantastic Fiction plugin. It's been a while (and several versions of Calibre) since I did it and don't quite remember how. But now when I click on Download Cover on the Edit Metadata screen, Fantastic Fiction is one of the sources it grabs from.

I think Fiction DB has a plug in, too, but their covers are ofter too small. I do like their site for missing blurbs.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #190
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
And tip of the day goes to.... library addict ! I did not know that you could add auto sources. I'm definitely going to look in to this, usually I just chuck the authors name and book title into google images and then look through what it spits up choosing the best size cover.
Totally agree!! I went searching for how to as soon as I read that. You need to download the FictionDB plugin to get it as a source. I grabbed the Barnes&Noble plugin as well since they generally have better image quality than those returned by Amazon.

While you're out there grabbing plugins, make sure you get ePubSplit too. Absolutely awesome for breaking up bundles!!!!!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #191
auntykatkat
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Totally agree!! I went searching for how to as soon as I read that. You need to download the FictionDB plugin to get it as a source. I grabbed the Barnes&Noble plugin as well since they generally have better image quality than those returned by Amazon.

While you're out there grabbing plugins, make sure you get ePubSplit too. Absolutely awesome for breaking up bundles!!!!!
You also get that award. I didn't know they had that one. The bundles in the same series I might keep, but the others by different authors is another story.

Auntykatkat

karma to you both
Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #192
auntykatkat
Evangelist

I'm in a great mood tonight.... I just found out that my question to Katie Macalister was one of the ones picked and answered today by her on facebook. My name in in lights as it feels.

E-mail that a double rewards back special good for 48 hours only! coming to BOB.

Last edited by auntykatkat; 10-18-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: hit enter before ready.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #193
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Yeah, I've got the B&N one as well. But for reissues, Fantastic Fiction is better at returning the original covers. Not always. I still have to manually search at times.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #194
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
I found 2 more very nice plugins!

- View Manager - allows you to save multiple column sorts which can include multi-column bidirectional sorts. I've already saved 6 sorts that I run all the time.

- Open with - allows you to select an epub and specify which program to open it. Now epubs can be opened with Sigil and covers open with GIMP by selecting it in Calibre (which is generally where I identify the problem that needs tweaking). Really nice, it saves a lot of navigation for those of us with large Calibre libraries.

I feel like I just got a major Calibre upgrade tonight!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #195
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Thanks for all the plugin tips, apesmom!
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote