Google - I'm a droid 45 21.53%
Amazon - love my KF 15 7.18%
None of the Above 48 22.97%
I resent your implying I must choose 82 39.23%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #31
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
So, which are you trendng toward? And if you pick None of the Above, you should have a substantial amount of data from all three platforms.
I still have to figure out what smartphones and tablets are useful for.
I've been tempted by those shiny little bricks, but they still are bricks to me. And they're too thin and curvy to build a wall with.

I have a mobile phone with text functions and an address book, a DSLR and a desktop computer equipped with Adobe software and Calibre to sync with my Kindle, Sony and iLiad.

I really can't see what's the use of those small touchy less-than-computers-more-than-phones devices. Maybe videogames?

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #32
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)

I'm not a robot or a piece of fruit. I don't worship penguins, mountian lions, or panes of glass. And I don't know Bill, Jeff, Tim or Larry from Fortune 500, although I'm certain they're really, really nice. I have a tablet, not a life style. I speak Android and iOS, not fanboyism. And nobody should face scorn for their personal choice. I use what works best for me at the time. I believe in choice, not domination. Diversity, not assimilation. And...and...er...um...and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch. And it is pronounced zed, not zee, zed. Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey and the best part of North America. My name is 5thWiggle, and I am Canadian!

[after losing his place in his rant and getting caught up in an old beer commercial, 5thWiggle wonders vaguely if it's too early for a drink...]
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #33
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I resent your implying I must choose.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #34
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrybuck View Post
I resent being told which flavor of koolaid to drink. I have free will, and I will freely choose among the choices that I'm offered........
I absolutely agree. But my experience is Apple and Android don't play nice together, and when it comes to Apps, it is a nightmare. I wish I had a program like Calibre manage my apps.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #35
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I have an iPhone, an iPad, a MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air. I also have an Android phone, a Kindle Fire, and a Nook Tablet.

I'm a gadget hound. I do love my iPhone though. It's the first phone that I've had where I haven't ditched it after a few months because its lacking, or because I'm bored with it.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #36
Hergiq
Hergiq began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
e-book lover and proud

I'm addicted to reading everything through iPad, but I've recently started enjoying old school books too because I'm getting sick of staring at the screen. Just read a nice article on book lovin, check it out!

http://xxxtravaganza.com/book-lover-and-proud/
Hergiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 AM   #37
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I've never owned any Apple devices.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 01-24-2014 at 01:22 AM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #38
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I resent having to make a choice!

I would never ever ever buy anything apple related, but I'd buy on Amazon, Google or Microsoft without any problems.

I can't buy apps from Amazon (I'm not privileged enough), but I do from Google or Microsoft. And I buy my books from Amazon (as I'm not privileged enough to buy them from Google)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #39
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I like having multiple devices for multiple purposes.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #40
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
There are quite a few folks out there who seem confused by this rather simple poll. The question is not about phones (not primarily in any event), it's not about forcing any allegiance, and it's not about extolling the virtues of one OS over another. What it was about was to get a feel for how folks felt about the various OSs and which ones they decided to primarily use.

As the OP correctly pointed out, once you have a large investment of time and money in a particular OS it becomes nearly impossible to swap back and forth between the different OSs because they are not comaptible. For example, I have an android tablet with a keyboard dock and I love it. It does everything my laptop did only faster and easier, BUT when I left my windows laptop behind it was a tough choice. I had a ton of expensive programs and a lot of time dedicated to learning the ins and outs of the system. I bought a tablet for convenience and portability(and the ooooh shiiiiny factor). I figured on the continued use of my laptop, but after a short period I realized that I had pretty much abandoned it in favor of the tablet.

There is nothing wrong with any of the OSs, they all have pros and cons, however it is not really practical to spend money and time floatting between them. Eventually we all choose which we PREFER to use and invest in.

Oh...and Canada wouldn't be so sad if they didn't have so many beavers on their money and if they instead had the Detroit Red Wings as a hockey team, unfortunately they do not. Sooo, they will continue to be our funny, tundra drenched, bacon confused, "special" friends (who can not pronounce the letter zeeeeeee) to the north. (heh, heh, heh. That last bit made me giggle.)

Last edited by jabberwock_11; 09-26-2012 at 11:46 AM.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #41
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Wow. K for you!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #42
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Still waiting. Never Apple. Won't get locked into Amazon. No SD card for Nexus. Still waiting.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #43
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
There are quite a few folks out there who seem confused by this rather simple poll. The question is not about phones (not primarily in any event), it's not about forcing any allegiance, and it's not about extolling the virtues of one OS over another. What it was about was to get a feel for how folks felt about the various OSs and which ones they decided to primarily use.

As the OP correctly pointed out, once you have a large investment of time and money in a particular OS it becomes nearly impossible to swap back and forth between the different OSs because they are not comaptible. For example, I have an android tablet with a keyboard dock and I love it. It does everything my laptop did only faster and easier, BUT when I left my windows laptop behind it was a tough choice. I had a ton of expensive programs and a lot of time dedicated to learning the ins and outs of the system. I bought a tablet for convenience and portability(and the ooooh shiiiiny factor). I figured on the continued use of my laptop, but after a short period I realized that I had pretty much abandoned it in favor of the tablet.

There is nothing wrong with any of the OSs, they all have pros and cons, however it is not really practical to spend money and time floatting between them. Eventually we all choose which we PREFER to use and invest in.

I answered "I resent your implying I must choose", because I don't choose and I do resent someone implying that I must (ok, resent is too strong a word). I do use them all and refuse to invest enough money in any OS that I can't switch to another without regret. Any content I buy must be convertable into something usable on my other systems or I don't buy it. I'd lose maybe $30 - $50 in apps if I had to switch to from iOS to Android exclusively (or vice versa), but my music, videos, books and any documents I've created would still be available.

I will continue skipping merrily from walled garden to walled garden, sniffing the flowers as I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
Oh...and Canada wouldn't be so sad if they didn't have so many beavers on their money and if they instead had the Detroit Red Wings as a hockey team, unfortunately they do not. Sooo, they will continue to be our funny, tundra drenched, bacon confused, "special" friends (who can not pronounce the letter zeeeeeee) to the north. (heh, heh, heh. That last bit made me giggle.)
Canada is the second happiest place on earth because we have beavers on our money. If we had eagles on the money, we'd be 11th. .

We may be tudra drenched, but Santa Claus is Canadian.

Back Bacon Rules!
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #44
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I have an iPad, a Nook, a Kindle, and an Android phone. I don't really care for the Android phone, and when it's time to replace, I'll get an iPhone. I love the Nook and Kindle (both e-ink) for reading books, and I love the iPad for everything else. I'm not sure how to answer the poll.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #45
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
Santa Claus is NOT Canadian!!! even a quick search on wikipedia will show just how insane that idea is...

"Under international law, no country currently owns the North Pole or the region of the Arctic Ocean surrounding it. The five surrounding Arctic countries, Russia, Canada, Norway, Denmark (via Greenland), and the United States (via Alaska), are limited to a 200-nautical-mile (370 km; 230 mi) exclusive economic zone around their coasts, and the area beyond that is administered by the International Seabed Authority."

Beavers are evil.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote