Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Free PDF to ePub Converter

For those interested the Give Away of the Day website is giving away the Wondershare PDF Converter 3.0.0 today.

This is the full program and is not time or feature limited but it has to be downloaded and installed today Tuesday the 10th of January. It will not install if you try to install it tomorrow

The program will convert PDF files to epub, Word and Excel. Unfortunately when conveting to ePub it does not retain any pictures.

The website is:-

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
bliss108
bliss108 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1, Kindle, iPad 3
I'm wondering if it gets rid of those annoying header and footers. Calibre doesn't do it a good job with PDF's.
bliss108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Use MobiCreator Pro (or whatever the latest version is called). Not only does a very good job (and removes those annoying headers), but it's free all the time.

If you want EPUB (or to further edit metadata that it doesn't allow access to), just run the resulting PRC file thru Calibre.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I've yet to find a PDF converter that did a good job. I'm always still having to run everything through Sigil after I have converted it.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
bliss108
bliss108 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1, Kindle, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Use MobiCreator Pro (or whatever the latest version is called). Not only does a very good job (and removes those annoying headers), but it's free all the time.

If you want EPUB (or to further edit metadata that it doesn't allow access to), just run the resulting PRC file thru Calibre.

That's exactly what I do now. It works most of the time. But wondering if there are other programs that work as well or better. Calibre is almost perfect as an all around except for dealing with PDF's.

Would like to try Sigil, heard it was good.
bliss108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss108 View Post
I'm wondering if it gets rid of those annoying header and footers. Calibre doesn't do it a good job with PDF's.
Sorry I will not have chance to download it and see until I leave work in a couple of hours.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
phloxy
Always reading
phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 7
Thanks for the heads-up! This would be so nifty, but it's the Windows version. :-/
phloxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:27 AM   #8
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Thank you! I'll be playing with my PDF ebooks and report back on whether this sucks or is acceptable.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Thanks for the tip. I slipped in under the deadline by just a few minutes (22 minutes) before the deal ended. I don't know yet if it gets rid of headers etc. but one thing it does do apparently is allow you to convert multiple files at once rather than having to do each one as an individual conversion. That alone makes it useful to a degree. Of course it doesn't have a Kindle conversion on the output but that's what Calibre is for.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:31 AM   #10
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
AARGH! Missed it!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #11
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
AARGH! Missed it!
Keep watching the Give away of the day website. This is the second time this product has been given away. The previous give away was v2.6. The latest give away was v3.0.

Wondershare regularly make one of their products available on the site so a later version may crop up again.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #12
phloxy
Always reading
phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 7
Thanks again, Thasaidon!
phloxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Thank you! I'll be playing with my PDF ebooks and report back on whether this sucks or is acceptable.
With the PDF I tried it wasn't very good, it pretty much sucked. I did an ePub and also HTML and the actual HTML is absolutely horrible (every single word in the book has it's own separate span tags among other things).

I'll stick to using a combo of exporting with Acrobat Pro and ePubbing it with Sigil (w/Calibre or KindleGen for conversion) as I've not found anything that works better.

Thanks to Thasaidon for posting the deal. I'm certain it probably works better on some PDF's than others and I'm definately going to keep it in my toolbox.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #14
bookmeal
Connoisseur
bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: benQ
so it's safe to download?
of converting pdf to word, is it only in English?

p.s. (nice cat above)
bookmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #15
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I use this, it's been on a limited time free offer for about 2 years now.

http://www.pdftoepub.com/

You can crop headers and footers as long as they are in the same place on every page. The text still needs a bit of tidying up after it's done, but not as much as other programs I've tried.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote