Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Remeniss
Remeniss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question Certian books won't sync!

Hi all,

I'm sure that everyone has already asked this question lots of times but i cant find an answer that clearly explains how to fix it! Probably me just being rubbish with the search function.

Most of the books I have are from somewhere other than Amazon. Some of these books are able to use the 'Sync to the furthest page'. For others of them this option is greyed out.

As far as I can work out you have to change some of the Tags in the meta data so that it almost tricks Amazon into thinking that you brought the book from them.

If that is right can someone please explain to me how to change the tags and where to get the information that needs to go into them.

Hope someone can explain this too me as its really frustrating!! Thanks in advance to anyone that is able to help

Matt
Remeniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The easiest way is to convert the ebook to mobi with calibre. If it's already a mobi, then do a mobi to mobi conversion with calibre. Then put that exact same file on all the devices you want to read it on.

You can also use the mobi2mobi program from the MobiPerl tools suite to make sure that there is a 10-digit Alphanumeric string (doesn't really matter if it's a real ASIN) in EXTH record type 113 (ASIN). And that EXTH record type 501 (CDETYPE) contains the string 'EBOK'.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Remeniss
Remeniss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you

Just doing the mobi to mobi conversion using calibre worked
Remeniss is offline   Reply With Quote