Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-19-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Font changing sizes...

I'm having a peculiar problem with *one* book that I'm reading. Every once in a while, I press the back button and for some reason the font shrinks down in size. And when it does that, I can't seem to restore it back to my regular size - but only on that book. If I go to another book in my library, the font is the size I choose and I can change it - but when I go back to the first book, it's still tiny.

And every once in a while, I somehow manage to restore it to slightly larger, but I'm not even sure how I did it or how to fix it when it happens again - it seems random.

Has anybody had this happen or have a solution?
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixte View Post
I'm having a peculiar problem with *one* book that I'm reading. Every once in a while, I press the back button and for some reason the font shrinks down in size. And when it does that, I can't seem to restore it back to my regular size - but only on that book. If I go to another book in my library, the font is the size I choose and I can change it - but when I go back to the first book, it's still tiny.
What happens if you go to the start of the book, gou out to the library and the into the book?

It sound like a broken book file. Maybe the html is broken and the reader gets confused.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I do that, it still stays the small size!

Although earlier today I pushed the button "up" instead of "left" to go back a page and the font increased again.

I do think it's something with the html of that file, since it's not translating over to other files. I'm just torn between finding it annoying and amusing
Old 12-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is this book a Mobi format book or an HTML file?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In some sense a Mobi format book is an HTML file. But I think that the HTML code in a MobiPocket file is more sensitive to parsing errors since you have the filepos attribute there.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
rixte
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's a Mobi format book (DRM from fictionwise)