Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-27-2008, 01:28 PM   #61
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Let me also say that I'm fond of guinea pigs. Before we got our dog, I wanted our young daughters to have pets to enjoy and be responsible for and guinea pigs seemed a good option. We kept them in a plastic toddler's pool that we kept in the living room with no cover. It gave them plenty of room to run, they never jumped out, and it was trivial to clean. We had one that would purr like a cat when petted. And two of them would run and squeal with excitement whenever they heard us open the refrigerator and rattle the bag of spinach.
Yeah, I would run and squeal whenever you rattled a bag of spinach at me, too, but not with excitement......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #62
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
mmmmm, spinach !!

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #63
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Further evidence that dogs rule.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:14 PM   #64
mellina 52
Enthusiast
mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505. IPAD
This answer is for desertgrandma!. Our chickens are pets but, when they lay eggs, we have delicious omlettes. Mellina
mellina 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:24 PM   #65
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellina 52 View Post
This answer is for desertgrandma!. Our chickens are pets but, when they lay eggs, we have delicious omlettes. Mellina

Well, all righty then! How many, and what are their names?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #66
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Cats, for the reasons in the first post. I like dogs on an individual basis, but I've only met one cat I didn't like (and that was because it was completely abusive to my own cats).

That being said, if the economy collapses and the End Of The World As We Know It occurs, we'd be sure to get a dog (perhaps a German Shepard, though my husband also has a fondness for Irish Setters) to help take care of and herd the chickens and goats we would then need to keep. And I'm sure I would develop quite a bit of affection for said canine (as well as for the goats and chickens, actually).
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #67
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Well, all righty then! How many, and what are their names?
Yeah, wot desertgrandma sed! They all gotta have names! Hell, round my place even the inanimate objects have names!

(Please let one of them be called Miss Prissy...puleeze!)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #68
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I'm a cat person. I love their independence. That and the fact I've worked a few 2nd and 3rd shift jobs in my life and had to deal with dog owners that go to work and leave their precious pets outside to bark for hours while I'm trying to fall asleep. Now they do the same at night, heh.

"Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it, yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?" -The Cat from Red Dwarf

Though I must admit the Death Cat is kind of creepy. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/25/dea....ap/index.html

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #69
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
one of my ex-boyfriends had a pet chicken when he was a child. her name was petunia. at night she would stand at the foot of the stairs and cluck until someone carried her upstairs (where the family slept).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #70
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
I'm a cat person.
"Yeah? Yeah? Wash in your own spit, do you?"

(G'day MJ. Sorry to focus on your post, but I was getting exasperated that no-one had quoted Terry Pratchett/Gaspode yet )

Cheers,
Marc
Old 10-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #71
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Cats, for the reasons in the first post. I like dogs on an individual basis, but I've only met one cat I didn't like (and that was because it was completely abusive to my own cats).

That being said, if the economy collapses and the End Of The World As We Know It occurs, we'd be sure to get a dog (perhaps a German Shepard, though my husband also has a fondness for Irish Setters) to help take care of and herd the chickens and goats we would then need to keep. And I'm sure I would develop quite a bit of affection for said canine (as well as for the goats and chickens, actually).
ZP could probably help teach your dog to herd. She can herd cats! Or so I've heard
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #72
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

(G'day MJ. Sorry to focus on your post, but I was getting exasperated that no-one had quoted Terry Pratchett/Gaspode yet )

Cheers,
Marc
Ah ... I just started Moving Pictures, and so, I have just been introduced to Gaspode. Looking forward to seeing more of him.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #73
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

LOL, no worries. -MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #74
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
ZP could probably help teach your dog to herd. She can herd cats! Or so I've heard
Apparently, she's now also "faster than slow light" (which I assume is light that has been projected through movie film featuring Will Ferrell).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 10-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #75
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Ah ... I just started Moving Pictures, and so, I have just been introduced to Gaspode. Looking forward to seeing more of him.
I think you will like Gaspode. He is definitely one of my favourite characters (often overlooked when I'm thinking of them - something he would simultaneously be pleased with, and consider "Typical!").

Cheers,
Marc