Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Migrating, Merging and Multiple Calibre Folders

I'm sure this has been covered here somewhere but I'm not finding with the search terms I think would work. Please feel free to point me in the right direction. I have a laptop with 3 OSes all sharing the same Calibre eBook folder. I also have a desktop with 1 OS with it's own larger Calibre eBook folder.

I would like to migrate and merge the ebooks from my laptop (which has more books with corrected metadata and tags) with the larger Calibre folder on my desktop. I'm worried about overwriting the wrong books.

I think would also like to have a 2 Calibre folders: one for my Kindle 1 books and another for my Kindle 2 books (you know that whole different PID thing). I don't know if it would just be better to use tags to separate the K1 from the K2 books with the same title (is that possible)

Lead me, guide me.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I don't think there is an easy way to "merge" them. But you can do it manually. Do a save to disk from one machine of all the books that aren't on the other. Then use the Add books, one per folder, and point to that save to disk area... it will pull in all the books and metadata.

You can have two libraries if you want. Or, you can have two copies of the same book in the library that is not a problem. But, seriously, just remove the DRM from the amazon books and keep the books you own. (Yes, this is illegal in 34 countries.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 02:47 AM   #3
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
"Old" thread, but an ongoing question.

I have 2 systems and i've made the mistake using calibre with both. Different books on both but also same books with different release status.
Is it possible to merge the two databases within calibre in the meantime or is "manuell with my own hands and brain" still "state of the art"?
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:53 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
"Old" thread, but an ongoing question.

I have 2 systems and i've made the mistake using calibre with both. Different books on both but also same books with different release status.
Is it possible to merge the two databases within calibre in the meantime or is "manuell with my own hands and brain" still "state of the art"?
Yes, sort of.

I misunderstood a situation the other day and wrote the answer for this question to someone who didn't need it. Check out this post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, merge, migrate, multiple databases