Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #23146
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Wireless printing works for us, with my computer in one room, my wife's in another, and the printer on a shelf between the two rooms. No cables running anywhere. Today's printers take the place of three different devices, saving so much footprint space too. No more scanner, printer, copier, fax machine... Just the one unit doing everything as well as we need it to do. If I were still printing photos to sell I'd need a much better printer, but these days, we can use the bottom of the line Cannon and still get enough quality, wireless convenience, and performance to suit us, without spending big bucks.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #23147
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I do like the all in one printers, but just have to decide if the few times I use it will be worth the purchase price and the cost of the ink.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #23148
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I expect to print more when I have a colour printer. I regularly draw/sketch from tutorials I find on the internet. Because those often don't look good printed in black & white. I now draw from the computer screen, which isn't ideal.

I like the Brother because of the separate cartridges, so you can replace only the colour that's empty instead of all three colours, even if the other colours haven't run out. I also like the wireless printing and tablet and phone app.

But first I need to get new curtains for my bedroom, even if I can't sleep with them closed (since the fire I check for smoke outside when I wake up at night).
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #23149
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like the Brother printers for the same reason. I really haven't checked into any others yet, as my current one still works; I just need ink (but I do want the wireless ability).
Old 11-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #23150
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I had a colour ink jet printer some time ago. I found that unless I printed colour regularly (Once a week?) the ink jets dried up and clogged. Now I have a colour laser printer and haven't had any trouble, despite infrequent use of colour.
I gather the ink jet cartridges are cheaper but you do have to use them more, so it may balance out...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2013, 01:55 AM   #23151
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Thanks pholy. I'll keep that in mind when checking out printers.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:02 AM   #23152
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I had a colour ink jet printer some time ago. I found that unless I printed colour regularly (Once a week?) the ink jets dried up and clogged. Now I have a colour laser printer and haven't had any trouble, despite infrequent use of colour.
I gather the ink jet cartridges are cheaper but you do have to use them more, so it may balance out...
OMG!!!! Lolololol!!!!! I just paid attention to your tag line and actually took a moment to wonder how one could take circumcision in moderation! (Mis read the last word)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:03 AM   #23153
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
OMG!!!! Lolololol!!!!! I just paid attention to your tag line and actually took a moment to wonder how one could take circumcision in moderation! (Mis read the last word)
You forget the salary. Only do it for the tips...

Stitchawl
Old 11-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #23154
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
That's a possibility, I suppose. I'm sure the cables are fairly deep, deeper than most anchorages. Our local Chiang Mai forum was a'buzz all day with paranoia ruling the roost; "the government is banning all the Internet sites!" Point of fact: the Thai government DOES ban quite a few websites. In fact, hundreds of 'em!

Stitchawl
A friend's facebook commented a day ago about a "cut cable" over in your region. So I think it really was a cable, and not the typhoon. Maybe!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #23155
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I agree with your reasoning. I've had both a black laser printer and a color ink jet flatbed scanner/printer for the past few years. I also have an Epson WorkForce Pro document scanner, so I found I didn't really need the scanner in the all-in-one printer since the Epson did the job 100% better with many more options and the software has much better document management. I hardly ever used the color ink jet anymore, at least not frequently or consistently enough. And like you, I found that the ink cartridges dried up and clogged quite often. It became much too frustrating and expensive to deal with. Not to mention all the cords that needed to be plugged into my computer and the wall outlets.

I recently decided to get a wireless HP color laser printer. It has 4 separate toner cartridges, and although they're more expensive than ink cartridges, I think it will be cost effective in the end without the waste. I love the wireless part too. Fewer cords, and gained some space by replacing 2 printers with one that I can put pretty much anywhere in the house that I want to. So far, a good decision.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #23156
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
A friend's facebook commented a day ago about a "cut cable" over in your region. So I think it really was a cable, and not the typhoon. Maybe!
This 'was' something we had to contend with quite often 10-15 years ago, but I had thought we were done with it. There hadn't been this sort of outage in the past several years... until the other day!

Before I became a diver, my image of ocean topography was that 'the bottom gets deeper as you get further from the shore.' But I came to learn that there are soooo many places where the sea depth is quite shallow. Shallow enough, in fact, to be able to stick bamboo poles down as supports for fishing huts! in the middle of nowhere!

Stitchawl
Old 11-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #23157
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
I recently decided to get a wireless HP color laser printer. It has 4 separate toner cartridges, and although they're more expensive than ink cartridges, I think it will be cost effective in the end without the waste. I love the wireless part too. Fewer cords, and gained some space by replacing 2 printers with one that I can put pretty much anywhere in the house that I want to. So far, a good decision.
Which model did you get? I too am tossing out an all-in-one ink jet printer with clogged dried ink cartridges. I scan a lot, but print very little.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #23158
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
waited.
all.
DAMN.
day.
for.
a.
response.
to.
an.
offer.
i.
put.
in.
on.
friday.

response was supposed to be yesterday, they asked for a day's grace in response, I don't play the ass unless someone has been a jerk, so I said sure.

finally got it. after 5. yeah, it's a holiday, I waited ALL day!!!

now I can't find my clients

grrrrrrrr
Old 11-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #23159
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Put a hex on them - since you're still in costume!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #23160
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Put a hex on them - since you're still in costume!
I was hoping no one would notice until it's time to put on my elf suit

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness