Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Problem with Amasis font and diacritic

I'm reading a book called 1Q84 on my HD, and when using the Amasis font 1 particular letter always shows as very, very small.

For example, in the word Janáček, when using Amasis the c is very tiny. All other fonts show it correctly. Any ideas?

Also, when I set the font on this book to "Document Default", all serifs for letters on the bottom row of text are cut off, and appear in the top row of the next page. Again, only "Document Default" font is affected, all other fonts don't exhibit this problem.
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
I'm reading a book called 1Q84 on my HD, and when using the Amasis font 1 particular letter always shows as very, very small.

For example, in the word Janáček, when using Amasis the c is very tiny. All other fonts show it correctly. Any ideas?
At a guess, you are reading a .kepub.epub book. The renderer used with those will substitute a character from another font if the current font lacks the correct glyph. Unfortunately, the size of the substituted glyph does not seem to match the font size selected by the slider.

You might want to try adding a font to your Aura that has a better selection of glyphs (either Charis SIL or Deja VU Serif work well for me) and check if your Aura displays the characters properly.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert