Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
We've had this discussion a number of times.

Folks who collect fanfic, people who collect public domain works. There are numerous ways and there's certainly no reason that one should *assume* illegality without proof.

If a mod thinks there's a problem, they will certainly step in and make that clear.
I did ask and if it's all legal then there is no reason not to reply and say. Because the OP didn't reply is suspicious (IMHO).

The staff at MR does not like people coming here and asking for help with illegally obtained eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #17
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did ask and if it's all legal then there is no reason not to reply and say. Because the OP didn't reply is suspicious (IMHO).
There's a perfectly good reason not to reply and that would be that it's none of your business. I think other people have tried to tell you that in a more polite way, but you apparently need it spelling out - IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #18
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
There's a perfectly good reason not to reply and that would be that it's none of your business. I think other people have tried to tell you that in a more polite way, but you apparently need it spelling out - IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
Thank you. Sometimes being nice works and sometimes being blunt is the only way.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When things do look suspicious, I am going to ask. It is my business because if I am going to try to help, I don't want to be helping if there's a chance the eBooks in question are not legal.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #20
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No. It's none of your business. When you get a green name, then it's your business. Until then, don't make accusations you can't back up.
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #21
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Agree.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

It is all of our business to help out the Moderators.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
No. It's none of your business. When you get a green name, then it's your business. Until then, don't make accusations you can't back up.
Not all forum Moderators are in Green.

Protecting the board is everyone's duty. The DMCA police don't alwys stop with the 'poster'. They Confiscate all equipment they claim was used in the crime.
A polite 'ask' with a Polite 'answer' is not too much too to expect.
Actual details can be submitted privately if a general, public answer is not sufficient.

Constant Vigilance
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #24
jgaiser
Omnivorous

So Jon is a moderator?

A polite ask, with a polite "none of your business" is quite alright too. If Jon doesn't want to give help/advice, that's quite alright too.

Since *I* don't have anything further to add, I'll just drop out of this thread and ignore any further posts.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #25
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It is all of our business to help out the Moderators.
I agree. Therefore I will help minimize the work they have to do by NOT trying to find out whether the library in question was obtained illegally. As long as we don't know, the moderators don't have to worry about it.

I suppose you and I have different ideas of what "help out the Moderators" means.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #26
enitro
Enthusiast
enitro began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Oh boy, only one helpful reply in this thread so if someone in the future wants to search for an answer he/she has to crawl to all of this.

Well took me about 16 hours to import all the books and 2 days to categorize it .I used the GUI to do so, as it seams calibre doesn't like files above 200 mb takes a lot more time.

I dont want to be rude but this is the best policy in my opinion, if you don't have something helpfull to contribute then dont.

P.S - Books are all legal.

Thanks for the help.
enitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #27
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
My experience has been the larger the ebook or quantity importing takes longer. At least it will run on its own without having to handhold it.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #28
enitro
Enthusiast
enitro began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
I have an Intel i7 3770K, it used all of the cores and threads but only 3% when importing books, are there any internal delay markers, for example it has to wait 5 sec before reading the next file, and very important - for extracting ISBN the main dialog pops out every 100 book, is there any way to to just APPLY it to the books, for finding duplicates it has that feature but only for binary search.

Thanks for the reply.
enitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #29
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by enitro View Post
I have an Intel i7 3770K, it used all of the cores and threads but only 3% when importing books, are there any internal delay markers, for example it has to wait 5 sec before reading the next file, and very important - for extracting ISBN the main dialog pops out every 100 book, is there any way to to just APPLY it to the books, for finding duplicates it has that feature but only for binary search.

Thanks for the reply.
I forget the exact reason for the 100 book confirm. It might have been crash protection and or buffer flush (needed housekeeping)

Delays, especially to metadata sources, is Calibre being a 'good net citizen'. Slamming (overwhelming) free servers with fast and furious requests is a good way to get blacklisted (some small server owners have requested that Calibre NOT connect, they just could not handle the traffic).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Do you have the find duplicates plugin installed?