Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Amazon Tops Foresee Customer Satisfaction Survey

For the 8th consecutive year, Foresee has ranked Amazon.com as the online retailer with the highest customer satisfaction. This is an increasingly important statistic as sales show a continuing shift from brick and mortar to online retailers.

Most of my shopping is online these days. I like to have stuff shipped to my home but also like to be able to return to a store. Kohls, Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, Walgreens, and Gamestop make this easy.

I like doing business with Amazon, but I don't spend too much money on Amazon.com. When I have, I have found Amazon to be a great partner. Yesterday, Amazon made fifteen commercial kindle apps available as free downloads. Compare that to Best Buy pushing cables and extended warranties after the sale.

The top rated company was Amazon with a score of 88. This compares favorably to the industry average of 78. Since 2005, Amazon's score has increased six ratings points.

The second highest rating went to LL Bean (85; up four from last year and five from 2005). I don't have a lot of experience with LL Bean, but will look closer since receiving a very high quality jacket as a gift. They offer lifetime warranties on many products and have a store local to me.

#3 QVC (84; 1,4) surprised me.

Scores range from 72 to 88. I don't disagree with ratings of some of my regulars...

Best Buy 77; -1, 5
Gamestop 77; NA, NA
HomeDepot 78; 0, 9
Kohls 80; 1,1
Microsoft Store 78; NA, NA
Newegg 81; -1, 2
Sony 75; 5, 10
Staples 77; -1, 6
VistaPrint 83; 0, 3
Walgreens 80; NA, NA
Walmart 78; -1, 5

Some stores I do not shop...

Apple 80; -3, 4
B&N 79; -2, 2
Target 79; 3, 9

Stores on my Radar...

1800Flowers (80; NA, 5) since Proflowers (not listed) disappointed again
FTD (74; NA, 5) since Proflowers (not listed) disappointed again
Dell (77; -3, 3) as a benchmark of a terrible web seller
JC Penny (78; -5, 7) since they have had some problems this year
Sears (75; 0, 7) since I bought three mattresses from them this year
TigerDirect (76; -3, -1) since I'm looking for a board, cpu, ram combo
Toys'r'us (76, 1, 7) since I could not price adjust something I bought there

Lowes (75; NA, NA) -- I haven't shopped there since they would not allow me to pick up merchandise purchased online because the price paid was too low. No kidding.

Not too many surprises, but I'll look at some of the top rates stores I have so far missed. You have to register to see the whole report, so I have not directly linked the report or posted the entire list. If anyone is curious about a specific retailer, I'd be happy to post the information.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've never even heard of some of those . Is this an American survey?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Most definitely.

Most on the list do not even have international divisions.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Yes, sorry. I keep forgetting this is an Canadian forum. They do a UK survey as well, but I didn't see a Canadian survey unless that rolls into the UK survey. I think it is more likely to be rolled into the US survey...

UK Survey Results
US Survey Results
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thank you - that's very interesting.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Except for Apple (50 mi), B&N (50mi)
Microsoft (online) Newegg (online), VistaPrint (online my lady
friend uses them all the time - would put them #1), Sony, TigerDirect (online)
Dell (online except some at Walmart), Amazon, LLBean,
all are within 15 miles of me.
Lowes, Walmart, Walgreens, Gamestop are within 3 miles.

And I am by a small town.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I Love Amazon.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote