Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #1
MrAdequate
MrAdequate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Calibre cannot see Kindle 3

Okay so, much weirdness Calibre (latest version) cannot see my Kindle at all

Running windows, tried reinstalling calibre and resetting kindle to no avail.

Running debug device gives an error :

Code:
 TypeError:object of type 'int' has no len()
The debug for this is :

Code:
 ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:object of type 'int' has no len()

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\device_debug.py", line 41, in debug
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\__init__.py", line 106, in debug
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 164, in is_device_connected
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\interface.py", line 138, in is_usb_connected
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\interface.py", line 113, in is_usb_connected_windows
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\interface.py", line 74, in test_bcd_windows
TypeError: object of type 'int' has no len()
Windows can see the device and it's coming up fine as a USB drive.

Last edited by MrAdequate; 12-26-2010 at 06:11 AM.
MrAdequate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Looks like a bug. Open a ticket and include the debug output.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Try disabling the folder device plugin (preferences / plugins / device plugins / folder device)
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:21 AM   #4
MrAdequate
MrAdequate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks chaley, that worked perfectly, the debug started working so i just re-ran the wizard and bingo! Glad to be rid of my ageing linux laptop again for this particular task as 1024x768 isn't exactly ideal for calibre.

Do you think i should still report a bug?

Apologies for my complete lack of python skill.

Last edited by MrAdequate; 12-27-2010 at 05:23 AM. Reason: spelling
MrAdequate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:26 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdequate View Post
Thanks chaley, that worked perfectly, the debug started working so i just re-ran the wizard and bingo! Glad to be rid of my ageing linux laptop again for this particular task as 1024x768 isn't exactly ideal for calibre.

Do you think i should still report a bug?
No need. I have already fixed the problem. The fix should be in the next release.

And you are welcome.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert