Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
Johnymalina
Johnymalina began at the beginning.

Device: QReader (on Nokia 5800XM)
Unhappy How to export files in different format?

Hi,
i have problem with exporting my books to device. I have chosen .pdb as a preffered output format, but of i want send books to device Calibre asked me if i want convert files (to FB2 witch is not supported on my device) and give me only options YES or CANCEL. I tried to choose different output format, but it still converted to FB2.
How can i solve this problem?
Tanks for advice
Johnymalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you configured the list of formats for the Device Driver Plugin or only for Calibre as a whole? You need to make sure that the device driver level knows about the formats supported by your device and the priority to be used if more than one supported format is found.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
Johnymalina

I found driver plugin(s60 driver) and if a press configure button it shows me window where i can give priority to formats, but still have there only FB2 format. How can i modify this driver and add some others format?
Old 11-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the only way to do that is edit the source code of the driver. Look inside the devices/ sub directory in the calibre source code for the device driver.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
Johnymalina

Oh, i'm not sure if i can do it by myself. Please can you give me some more specific order what to do?
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it would be a lot easier to just use the connect to folder option in calibre. click the connect share button and connect to the folder on your device where you want to send the books.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #7
Johnymalina

Yes it would be a lot easier if it works. I dont know why but if i use this option Windows write some error and Calibre shut down
Old 11-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

if calibre is not able to write files to the device with the folder driver, modifying the s60 driver wont help as the file writing code is common to both.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #9
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Weeeell, if youre actually getting an error, posting it might help. Just an idea.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:23 AM   #10
Johnymalina

I think that problem is in calibre because if i press send to device it works good(but in wrong format). Error is: Program stop working. But i think that problem is in my system (im using 64bit windows 7) not in Calibre.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:26 AM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnymalina View Post
I think that problem is in calibre because if i press send to device it works good(but in wrong format). Error is: Program stop working. But i think that problem is in my system (im using 64bit windows 7) not in Calibre.
Try this. Go to Preferences - Plugins and disable the device interface plugin for your device. Restart calibre then use the connect to folder feature to connect to a specific folder on your device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote