Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
awesomedude
awesomedude with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitawesomedude with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitawesomedude with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitawesomedude with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitawesomedude with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitawesomedude with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitawesomedude with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitawesomedude with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitawesomedude with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitawesomedude with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitawesomedude with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle
Free - Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind (The Sword of Truth #2)

Have been following this site for a long time especially the Kobo discount code thread
Its time for me to give something back to the community.
The second book in the Sword of Truth is available free of cost on iTunes. I can confirm that it's free on both US and Australian stores but not sure about the rest. Here are the links:

US: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/sto...37904898?mt=11
AU: https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/sto...37904898?mt=11

The best part is It's DRM Free (at least it is on the Australian store).
awesomedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Hmmm I wonder why they would make the second book in the series free and not the first! thanks for the info, though. Free books are great!

Already read these and own them all in paperback, but I'm going to download it and see if it works on the Kobo. It should if it doesn't have that nasty FairPlay DRM?

Last edited by PurpleStar; 01-28-2013 at 12:10 PM.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
Hmmm I wonder why they would make the second book in the series free and not the first! thanks for the info, though. Free books are great!
IIRC the first one was free at some point in the past.

EDIT: Checked my past emails and I'm not sure if book one was ever free, but I did get it for $0.99
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Free in the French iTune store too.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #5
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
Thank you. I've read book one (I got it from the library and after that I bought it), so to get book #2 for free is very nice.
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 AM   #6
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Thanks, all. Karma for the find! That is the first freebie I have had from ibooks France.....
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Also free at Amazon (US).

I'm trying to figure out if this is a series that I would like to get into, but I'm just finding threads discussing whether or not it is going to be released as an ebook. I suppose I just need to download this one and see for myself.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #8
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post

I'm trying to figure out if this is a series that I would like to get into, but I'm just finding threads discussing whether or not it is going to be released as an ebook. I suppose I just need to download this one and see for myself.
I'm not sure what the status of this series in eBook is... Amazon and B&N have it, but no other bookstores... the first book is available everywhere as are the books from about volume 6 on. B&N's version is via PubIt (their self publishing arm) and the Amazon reviews say that it's badly formatted and full of mistakes... it almost leads me to believe that it's not officially available as an eBook.

As far as the series, I read the first and enjoyed it and keep meaning to read the second. I enjoyed the TV series, but it's LOOSELY based on the books.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #9
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
Thanks for this link. I read the entire series in dead tree format and was about to start a reread. Now I can do it without toting around the giant tomes.
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sword of truth, terry goodkind