Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Fictionwise 60% off, valid Monday Nov 29

Fictionwise, Coupon code: cybermonday2010

Click image for larger version

Name:	fictionwise_60_off.gif
Views:	540
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	61980
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Thanks!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Thanks much - just used it. Got the entire Maggie O'Dell series by Alex Kava for $24 - great deal!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I've been looking at getting the same series ... off to fill my cart.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Couldn't figure out how to get the whole series for $24, but a good deal on the bundle and two others in the series (two are still priced at hardcover pricing). Dropping Exposed got to the $24 range (with Whitewash thrown in); Exposed is cheapest at Amazon currently, it seems.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Wow!! These just keep getting better. I've been waiting for some titles on my wish list there to go down in price, but this will work. lol. I'm going to use it tomorrow after I see if there any interesting new books since it will be Monday.

Thanks so much for sharing this!
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Thanks! I got 32 Rex Stout books for under $140. They are replacing my old collection of dubious origins. I don't know if I'm ready to give up my pbooks to the library however. I treasure them and I think as paperbacks they'll be thrown into some sale dollar bin.

I'm so glad you share these since I'm obviously on Fictionwise's feces list. I've spent a couple thousand there—you think they could drop me a line. I guess that's what happens when you have no Micropay left.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:18 AM   #8
thaigreg
Connoisseur
thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.

Device: BeBook/JBL/Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Thanks! I got 32 Rex Stout books for under $140. They are replacing my old collection of dubious origins. I don't know if I'm ready to give up my pbooks to the library however. I treasure them and I think as paperbacks they'll be thrown into some sale dollar bin.

I'm so glad you share these since I'm obviously on Fictionwise's feces list. I've spent a couple thousand there—you think they could drop me a line. I guess that's what happens when you have no Micropay left.

-Marcy
Hi Marcy,

I've been a member with Fictionwise since 2004 and stop getting their newsletters about 3 months ago. I've emailed them 3 times and they swear nothing has changed, but I'm not getting them. Thanks to the members here I'm able to be informed of any deals.

Greg
thaigreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:49 AM   #9
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Odd, I had a few books in my cart and only the first one had the coupon applied. Am I doing something wrong?
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #10
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Couldn't figure out how to get the whole series for $24, but a good deal on the bundle and two others in the series (two are still priced at hardcover pricing). Dropping Exposed got to the $24 range (with Whitewash thrown in); Exposed is cheapest at Amazon currently, it seems.
I already had Damaged which is the latest one. Had to get the others, that's how I got to the $24 and change price. Glad to hear you picked it up Karen.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaigreg View Post
Hi Marcy,

I've been a member with Fictionwise since 2004 and stop getting their newsletters about 3 months ago. I've emailed them 3 times and they swear nothing has changed, but I'm not getting them. Thanks to the members here I'm able to be informed of any deals.

Greg
Have you checked the spam folder in your email on the email server? Sometimes things get shuffled off there even when they are real. I check every so often and find it to be so sometimes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem I've noticed with Fictionwise is that if you want any non-multiformat eBooks, you have to get them in eReader. BAH! That's nonsense.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #13
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem I've noticed with Fictionwise is that if you want any non-multiformat eBooks, you have to get them in eReader. BAH! That's nonsense.
As far as I'm concerned one non-epub format is just the same as the other. I still have to strip DRM and convert so what's the difference? And eReader DRM is trivial to remove with current tools and converts to beautiful epubs with working TOC and internal links.

And while I despise all DRM, eReader is less noxious than most, since the key is only my name and credit card number. As long as I take care to record this info I can access my books. Of course since I strip and convert it becomes a non-issue anyway.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #14
chilady1
I devour books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
As far as I'm concerned one non-epub format is just the same as the other. I still have to strip DRM and convert so what's the difference? And eReader DRM is trivial to remove with current tools and converts to beautiful epubs with working TOC and internal links.

And while I despise all DRM, eReader is less noxious than most, since the key is only my name and credit card number. As long as I take care to record this info I can access my books. Of course since I strip and convert it becomes a non-issue anyway.

-Marcy
Ditto and Amen!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #15
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
(sigh) I'm having trouble finding stuff to buy for my Sony 505 on Fictionwise. No Kathy Reichs, Jim Butcher, Jasper Fford, Janet Evanovitch, etc.

They DO have the "Girl with the Dragon Tatoo".. books but in secure eReader format.

Marcy - Would "current tools" include Caliber to make this work with my Sony?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fictionwise