Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
HPOliver
HPOliver began at the beginning.

Device: nook
The truth about THE TRUTH BE TOLD! (sort of)

I’m sick and tired of paying outrageous income taxes on the earnings I’ve been making writing media, so I’m returning to my literary roots. That should solve the income problem!

BLURB:

Hollywood will never forget Peg Entwhistle even though she made only one film and it was a dud. No, the scene that made her famous wasn't in a movie; it was in real life, and it was spectacular. Peggy was the first person to die by falling from the famous Hollywood sign. It happened back in 1932 and to this day most people believe she jumped from the sign because her career was failing.

But the truth be told, Miss Entwhistle didn't take her own life. She was sadistically murdered by Tinsel Town's most mysterious villain. Still, after all these years, does any of that really matter? It does to Peggy. This is her story and how she finally told it eight decades after her death.

THE TRUTH BE TOLD is historical fiction that offers an alternative explanation for events leading up to a real life tragedy. As such, the story is not only plausible, it makes a great deal more sense than what history tells really happened. And while the story is pure fiction, history offers no evidence contrary to the notion that Peggy was actually the victim of a perfect murder.

READER REVIEWS:

“A friend of mine read the book before I started reading and I was warned of a surprise plot twist midway through the book. While reading through the early chapters, I tried to determine what the twist would be. The author sucked me in and I never saw it coming. Nicely done, sir.”

“The Truth Be Told takes you back in time with an attention to detail that makes you feel like you're really there. Offering a plausible and compelling alternative explanation to a long-ago event that might have been too quickly attributed to a convenient assumption, The Truth Be Told will have you wondering if perhaps Peg's truth is indeed finally being told.”

“Really liked this book! Good knowledge of Hollywood landmarks...puts the reader right there! Liked the unexpected plot twist. Hope there are more to come from this author!”

AVAILABILITY:

For Kindle

For Nook

Author's Website

Thank you for your attention. We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

H.P.
HPOliver is offline   Reply With Quote