Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@JSWolf - that is the main point of the plugin You can drag/drop books into a new order, move them up/down using Alt+arrow keys or on screen buttons etc - just make sure you have all the books you want to be part of the series selected before you launch the Manage Series dialog and then have at it...
Thanks. I would use this not to actually manage series, but to manage the order of books in a given collection.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #47
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Excellent! I'll check that plugin out. Thanks for the help.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #48
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can this plugin fix series numbering? Lets say I have books in a series number 1,2,3,4,5...

I want to add one as 1. I want all the others t be renumbered as 2,3,4,5,6. Also, if I wanted to add in one as 3, I'd want them renumbered so the new 3 is 3 and the old 3 is 4,5,6.

Can this be done or can you make this be done in an update?
Wolfman
I use the Manage Series PI even to insert (empty Books) with or leaving the Title as 'Unknown' (the current Author is prompted at the Insert N books prompt).
Most of my series lists are now complete, just no content
You can also 'lock' a particular index number, so you don't need to employ empty books.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #49
GeekyGal
Enthusiast
GeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle FireHD, Kindle3G, iPad, MacBook, iRex Illiad (ret)
One of my very favorite plugins just gets better and better. I LOVE the edit pubdate feature. I use the manage series plugin for magazines and anthologies. The locks, and ability to increment to one or two decimal places have been a lifesaver. Thank you.https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliestext/thankyou.gif
GeekyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #50
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I would like this plugin to support hierarchical series. I have just started sorting my series using hierarchy system in the tag browser. For example I am using Dresden and Dresden.SS I would like to be able to once I have selected the books in manage series to select multiple seres name name but use the same series numbering

Dresden 01 - Title
Dresden 01.1 - Title
Dresden 02 - Title

to

Dresden 01- Title
Dresden.SS 01.1 - Title

I know doing this won't sort by series number in calibre but I want to do this for multiple series universes as it allows me to maintain the reading order and still separate different series
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I would like this plugin to support hierarchical series. I have just started sorting my series using hierarchy system in the tag browser. For example I am using Dresden and Dresden.SS I would like to be able to once I have selected the books in manage series to select multiple seres name name but use the same series numbering

Dresden 01 - Title
Dresden 01.1 - Title
Dresden 02 - Title

to

Dresden 01- Title
Dresden.SS 01.1 - Title

I know doing this won't sort by series number in calibre but I want to do this for multiple series universes as it allows me to maintain the reading order and still separate different series
That's a non-issue as you should have the Dresden short story collection instead of the individual sort stories.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #52
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's a non-issue as you should have the Dresden short story collection instead of the individual sort stories.
WTF has that anything to do with the plugin. That was just an example and any way I split my ss collections so that I can fit them in the timeline.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #53
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
WTF has that anything to do with the plugin. That was just an example and any way I split my ss collections so that I can fit them in the timeline.
IMHO That is one of the purposes of tags (Short story, SS).
I use the fractional number, as you do, to place the story into the series time line.

BTW You are showing 2 (Hierarchical) series in your example.
Your case would break my case ,
where I manage the last level independent of the parent. (in the Tag browser, you would click to show a double Plus, to see the entire hierarchy )
Old 06-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #54
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
theducks beat me to it - it just seems a very strange thing to do, because as you say yourself calibre isn't going to sort your books to show them in that order, nor will they appear in order when you save to disk/send to device, so the question that comes to mind is... why???

I'm also in the same camp as theducks - I add a "Short" tag to books that are short stories, and if they are in a series like you have above then they get the fractional numbers. Then on my Kindle where I don't see the tags I have the fractional numbers to look at, plus the dotted line which tells me the length. Trying to put .SS in the series name just breaks all of that as well as being redundant.

So I'm afraid I don't see the plugin being changed to cater for this scenario.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #55
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
IMHO That is one of the purposes of tags (Short story, SS).
I use the fractional number, as you do, to place the story into the series time line.

BTW You are showing 2 (Hierarchical) series in your example.
Your case would break my case ,
where I manage the last level independent of the parent. (in the Tag browser, you would click to show a double Plus, to see the entire hierarchy )
I use tags for genre only and I am using this as my send to device so sorting on device is not a problem.

Code:
Ebooks/{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series:subitems(0,1)||/}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - }{series:subitems(1,10)| | - }{title}
Anyway all I wanted was to be able to select a different series in the plugin with a dropdown menu. I should not have use the dresden ss as an example as most of you just honed in on that . A better Example would have been.

Vorkosigan.Boders of Infinity

I want to use this sequence in the series number but still add Borders of Infinity in the series hierarchy but I guess if its not possible its not possible

Vorkosigan Series

Dreamweaver's Dilemma in Dreamweaver's Dilemma (1996) [DD]
Falling Free (1988) [FF]
Shards of Honor (1986) [SoH]
Barrayar (1991)
The Warrior's Apprentice (1986) [TWA]
The Mountains of Mourning in Borders of Infinity (1989) [tMoM]
The Vor Game (1990) [TVG]
Cetaganda (1995)
Ethan of Athos (1986) [EoA]
Labyrinth in Borders of Infinity (1989)
The Borders of Infinity in Borders of Infinity (1987)
Brothers in Arms (1989) [BiA]
Linking sections of Borders of Infinity (1989) [BoI]
Mirror Dance (1994) [MD]
Memory (1996)
Komarr (1998)
A Civil Campaign (1999) [ACC]
Winterfair Gifts (2004) [WG]
Diplomatic Immunity (2002) [DI]
Captain Vorpatril's Alliance (2012) [CVA]
Cryoburn (2010) [CB]

or the common wealth universe

Nor Crystal Tears (-89 AA) prequel
Phylogenesis (-60 AA) Founding of the Commonwealth 1
Dirge (-35 AA) Founding of the Commonwealth 2
Diuturnity's Dawn (0 AA) Founding of the Commonwealth 3
Voyage to the City of the Dead (106 AA)
Midworld (445 AA)
Icerigger (548 AA) Icerigger 1
For Love of Mother-Not (548 AA) Pip and Flinx 1
The Tar-Aiym Krang (549 AA) Pip and Flinx 2
Mission to Moulokin (549 AA) Icerigger 2
Orphan Star (550 AA) Pip and Flinx 3
The Deluge Drivers (550 AA) Icerigger 3
The End of the Matter (551 AA) Pip and Flinx 4
Flinx in Flux (551 AA) Pip and Flinx 5
Mid-Flinx (552 AA) Pip and Flinx 6
Reunion (553 AA) Pip and Flinx 7
Drowning World (554 AA)
Quofum (555 AA)
Flinx's Folly (557 AA) Pip and Flinx 8
Sliding Scales (557 AA) Pip and Flinx 9
Running from the Deity (558 AA) Pip and Flinx 10
Bloodhype (558 AA) Pip and Flinx 11
Trouble Magnet (558 AA) Pip and Flinx 12
The Howling Stones (558 AA)
Patrimony (559 AA) Pip and Flinx 13
Flinx Transcendent (? but after Patrimony) Pip and Flinx 14
Sentenced to Prism (571 AA)
Cachalot (572 AA)

Last edited by Dopedangel; 06-19-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #56
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Dopedangel - thx for the clarification, and no, I'm afraid this is all too unique/bespoke for me to spend time catering for in the plugin. I think it rather overcomplicates things with too many downsides, on your own with this one sorry
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I don't see why you can't just use the series column to put them in the order you want. Once you sort by series, you'll have the books in the order they belong.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #58
Dopedangel
Wizard

I think JSWolf you are not getting what I want to do. Using hierarchy system I can define multiple series to a book using the only the series column. And I don't actually care how they sort in calibre as if I number them properly I can get them to sort correctly on my reader.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #59
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I think JSWolf you are not getting what I want to do. Using hierarchy system I can define multiple series to a book using the only the series column. And I don't actually care how they sort in calibre as if I number them properly I can get them to sort correctly on my reader.
Hierarchical = Nested

not interleaved
Old 06-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #60
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
The recent changes to this plugin mean that I can no longer enter a series number greater than 99. Is there a reason for this change in the plugin? I have quite a few technical series that have hundreds of titles, and I serialise journal articles which go over 100 as well.

Another change was that when I click the padlock, I need to backspace before I can enter numbers, when before it would overwrite, is this a setting I can change?

I know I am a needy user so feel free to tell me to go jump
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manage series