Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 06:09 AM   #1
ScottW75
ScottW75 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Barnes & Noble ebooks in the UK?

Hi

Long time lurker of this forum and im just about to pickup my PRS-300 today so i thought i'd register.

Just wondered if anyone had used paypal and bought ebooks from barnes and noble when they live in the UK?

I understand this will require the account address to be entered as somewhere in the US.

The new books on barnes and noble seem to mostly be $9.99, But on fictionwise for example they are $17.

So, Has anyone done this or is it impossible?
ScottW75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW75 View Post
Hi

Long time lurker of this forum and im just about to pickup my PRS-300 today so i thought i'd register.

Just wondered if anyone had used paypal and bought ebooks from barnes and noble when they live in the UK?

I understand this will require the account address to be entered as somewhere in the US.

The new books on barnes and noble seem to mostly be $9.99, But on fictionwise for example they are $17.

So, Has anyone done this or is it impossible?
I live in Sweden, and I tried. I got an account. But they don't accept paypal, since they insisted I add a credit card. So I doubt I'll use it
Otherwise, checkout booksonboard.co.uk, or Omnilit. There are some geographical restrictions at Omnilit, though.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
The way I do it is as follows, I opened two accounts one with a US address the other with my address, from my addy I send a gift cert to the US account as all orders are ip checked I can't use my US account so I get my US friend to log in to my US account and purchase the ebook and he then adds it to my library. Done

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add that you need to get a Virtual Credit Card the one I use is Entropay.

Last edited by Gibbo; 01-10-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You said you had a Sony, but were thinking of buying books from Barnes and Noble. B&N sells books with DRM that does not work with the Sony, but with their Nook and/or pc eReader software. Unless you were planning to strip the DRM, etc.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote