Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #16
AndrewG
Enthusiast
AndrewG began at the beginning.

Device: iPad using Marvin
Problem when using calibre 2.1 and Marvin

I have updated the iOS reader applications and Marvin XD plugins and all works well with Calibre 1.48. When I try to upgrade to Calibre 2.1 I get a connection error message and Marvin does not work correctly.

I am using Mac OSX 10.9.4 and an iPad2.

Here is the error log. I hope that this is helpful.
calibre, version 2.1.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 501, in _books
File "/var/folders/g4/jj3y1bvs4h53f4tpsc7_d3x40000gn/T/calibre_2.1.0_tmp_8VvI5Y/FRi1Gg_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 285, in books
File "/var/folders/g4/jj3y1bvs4h53f4tpsc7_d3x40000gn/T/calibre_2.1.0_tmp_8VvI5Y/FRi1Gg_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 2352, in _restore_from_snapshot
File "/var/folders/g4/jj3y1bvs4h53f4tpsc7_d3x40000gn/T/calibre_2.1.0_tmp_8VvI5Y/FRi1Gg_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 2328, in _validate_mainDb_profile
File "/var/folders/g4/jj3y1bvs4h53f4tpsc7_d3x40000gn/T/calibre_2.1.0_tmp_8VvI5Y/FRi1Gg_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 1579, in _compare_mainDb_profiles
File "/var/folders/g4/jj3y1bvs4h53f4tpsc7_d3x40000gn/T/calibre_2.1.0_tmp_8VvI5Y/FRi1Gg_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 2108, in _profile_db
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
This post might help: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2913773

Last edited by eschwartz; 09-02-2014 at 10:41 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Hopefully, but I'm beginning to think there is something else going on.

AndrewG: Do the delete suggested and tell us if that helps.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #19
AndrewG
Enthusiast

I did the delete (booklist.db) and tried Calibre 2.1 again.

I get a very similar error message (appended).

By the way my ipad is running iOS 7.1.2
calibre, version 2.1.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 501, in _books
File "/var/folders/g4/jj3y1bvs4h53f4tpsc7_d3x40000gn/T/calibre_2.1.0_tmp_xD2dcC/eZup5K_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 301, in books
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
Old 09-03-2014, 01:13 AM   #20
AndrewG
Enthusiast

I also tried uninstalling iOS reader applications and marvin plugins, deleting all references to the calibre configuration directory, shutting down calibre, starting calibre 2.1 and reinstalling the plugins, but still got the same error condition.
Advert
Old 09-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #21
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
I'm investigating this issue. I'm fairly sure the source of the problem is identical to the iOSRA one so you might want to watch that thread, too.

Preliminary findings are here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=84
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #22
AndrewG
Enthusiast

Thank you Philantrop. I will follow developments on the IOSRA forum with interest.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #23
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
Hi --
Thanks for the new release! It is working 95% here. The one problem is that when I choose to explore Marvin library it does show the colored fields for the metadata choices. But let's say I double click on a title with a yellow background. That should show me the metadata in both Calibre and in Marvin. However, it gives a dialog box x with the error:

ImportError:No module named PyQt4

If I ask for details here is what it dumps:

calibre, version 2.1.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:No module named PyQt4

calibre 2.1 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.3.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.3.0: Tue Jun 3 21:27:35 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.110.17~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.8
OSX: ('10.9.4', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Marvin XD && iOS reader applications
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1196, in dispatch_double_click
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 2075, in show_view_metadata_dialog
File "lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "/Users/neilshapiro/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/Marvin_XD_resources/dialogs/view_metadata.py", line 34, in <module>
from view_metadata_ui import Ui_Dialog
File "/Users/neilshapiro/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/Marvin_XD_resources/dialogs/view_metadata_ui.py", line 10, in <module>
from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui
ImportError: No module named PyQt4

What can I do? Thanks,

-- Neil
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:49 AM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Neil: Open the calibre preferences directory and go into the plugins directory. Delete everything the "Marvin_XD_resources/dialogs" directory. These should be rebuilt correctly the next time you start calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #25
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
That did it! Thanks very much!!
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #26
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Neil: Open the calibre preferences directory and go into the plugins directory. Delete everything the "Marvin_XD_resources/dialogs" directory. These should be rebuilt correctly the next time you start calibre.
Hi,
Can you tell me where/how to find the "calibre preferences directory"? I am using Calibre 2.2 64bit on Windows 7. I have a "Calibre2" folder, but nothing within it called Preferences.

Thanks!

P.S. Post Calibre 2, I used the Calibre Preferences/Plugins dialogue and "Remove Plugin" to remove both iOS reader Applications and Marvin XD. I restarted Calibre and upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2. I then installed (apparently successfully) iOS Reader Applications 1.4.3. and re-started Calibre. Attempting to now "Customize the Plugin" gets me the error:

"ImportError: cannot import name ConfigWidget"
calibre 2.2 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7600 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7600')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: iOS reader applications && Copy Cover To Device && Find Duplicates
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 292, in customize_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 370, in modify_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 152, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 493, in config_widget
ImportError: cannot import name ConfigWidget
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #27
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

- Open Calibre
- Go to Preferences | Advanced | Miscellaneous, click Open calibre configuration directory.
- Open the plugins folder.

You'll find the directory davidfor mentioned there.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #28
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
- Open Calibre
- Go to Preferences | Advanced | Miscellaneous, click Open calibre configuration directory.
- Open the plugins folder.

You'll find the directory davidfor mentioned there.

Thanks Philantrop & davidfor et al.!. Success!

What I did: I again uninstalled iOS Reader plugin (Marvin XD was already uninstalled). Re-started Calibre, and went to the directory as described above. There I found two folders/directories, one for iOS Reader and one for Marvin. For good or bad, I just went ahead and deleted both folders and contents. There were also a few files in the main directory that also referenced iOS reader and Marvin, and for good or bad, decided to delete those as well.

I then re-started Calibre and then re-installed iOS Reader plugin, and re-started Calibre. And success! Can now access that plugin's configuration. Then proceeded to install Marvin again. Then back to the iOS reader to configure it for Marvin, as one would normally do.

All working now. Thanks again!
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #29
Philantrop
Addict

k9reeder, glad to hear it worked. From the next version on, I'm going to avoid such issues entirely even though they should only occur once such a major change in Calibre is implemented as has been the case for 2.0.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@Philantop, I suggest you read the thread on the Derive Genres plugin starting with post #6. It may have something to do with Marvin XD that you'll want to read.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=243740
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote