Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-26-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
arvinder
arvinder began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N72
Vital Book Conversion

Hi All,

I have PDF Normal title and want to convert it into VitalBook format .VBK. Can anybody tell me the process of conversion of Harcopy or PDF into VitalBook format.

Thanks
arvinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:43 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
From http://www.vitalsource.com/index/faq
Quote:
Q. Can I import from an external file such as a PDF or DOC file into Vitalsource Bookshelf? I am a law student and there are a number of govt publications available in PDF that I would like to import and include as part of my bookshelf.

A. Thank you for using Vitalsource Bookshelf. We understand the need to gather your materials together, since that was one of the guiding factors in Bookshelf's design. We not offer a full import from other formats at this time, but, we do have the ability to collect non-.vbk material into grouping folders along with your VitalBooks.

1) Create a new folder (click the "folder +" button at the bottom of the bookshelf window). Title the folder that is created something meaningful to you regarding the content you'd like to store there.

2) Open a window from your operating system that shows the pdf files you would like to organize within Bookshelf.

3) Drag the .pdf or .doc (or .mov, .mid, .jpg) file into the folder in Bookshelf. This does not move or import it, but does create an alias or shortcut to the file from within your bookshelf. When you click the file in Bookshelf, it will launch the default application for that file type automatically.

While this is not the same as native file support, we hope that this will enhance your study using Vitalsource Bookshelf, and enable you to integrate other data types into that study more easily.
Looks like you cannot do the conversion unless you use publishing services.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
arvinder
arvinder began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N72
Vital Book Conversion

Thanks igorsk,

I did as per your instructions but it just opened my PDF's and Word Doc's from Vital book shelf.

Actually my concerned was different, i wanted to convert PDF's and Doc's into .VBK format.

I want to convert HTML, XML, Quark and Indesign and other different source formats into .VBK formats and would like to know the entire conversion process to convert my lots of titles into it.

I dont want to work with any conversion house who will convert into format but i want to convert it myself on my computer. Can you help me by providing some tutorials or conversion ideas.

Your immediate response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Arvinder
arvinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I just quoted the FAQ I found on the site, I don't use Vitalsource Bookshelf. But from what I see there, VBK generation is not available to end users.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote