Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #16
jdspencer
jdspencer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I just got the Kindle Fire 8.9 HD and also dislike the Carousel. The ADW Launcher mentioned above looks promising, but I couldn't find an easy installation for it.

The main thing I dislike with Carousel is that the icons shown are waaaay too large.
I couldn't find a setting to modify the size or other options for the Carousel. I also find the icons in Favorites to be too large.
jdspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #17
fallenkitsune
fallenkitsune began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch - no ads and Kindle Fire 7in HD
I dislike the carousel - if i could make the icons on it smaller or be able to choose what it shows besides every book, game and mp3 i happen to look at i'd be happier with it.
I do use ADW Launcher so i can organize my apps which helps when looking through things.
fallenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #18
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Now that the latest update has broken the personal wallpaper in ADW Launcher, my liking for the Kindle Fire has taken a severe nosedive.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Now that the latest update has broken the personal wallpaper in ADW Launcher, my liking for the Kindle Fire has taken a severe nosedive.
Mine hasn't updated yet. Hopefully, someone will find an easy fix. I'm done with jailbreaking.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I spend so little time looking at the home screen of my device, that I just don't really care. I'm "in app" or "lid closed".
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #21
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well if you use more than 1 app, you have to look at the home screen
Old 06-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #22
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
I like the carousel. Its fun to use. If something is burried deep, I use the menu.
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Well if you use more than 1 app, you have to look at the home screen
Well sure, but not long enough to get worked about its aesthetics or anything.

All the apps I use all the time are usually right there at the fore anyway (or at the very most a "fling" or a "tap on the star" away).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #24
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Well sure, but not long enough to get worked about its aesthetics or anything.

All the apps I use all the time are usually right there at the fore anyway (or at the very most a "fling" or a "tap on the star" away).
The vast majority are content with the carousel, I suppose. I don't care for it at all. The only thing I do with it is delete whatever content I got free. I open all apps from within the ADW launcher, that way they don't populate in the carousel.

I suppose I should have just gone with a Nexus or Samsung. Next time...
Old 06-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #25
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I added 2500 books to my kindle today. My finger is getting sore, deleting them one-by-one!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #26
fallenkitsune
fallenkitsune began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch - no ads and Kindle Fire 7in HD
After the last update my ADW wallpaper stopped working but i realized i was using GoToApp Demo more than it so i dont mind too much. I'd recommend GoToApp if your just looking for a way to organize your apps - which is what i needed.
fallenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote