Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Looking for Japanese EPUB3 with vertical writing

We are heading off to Tokyo soon to exhibit at Tokyo ebook expo, and I'm looking to find some samples of Japanese language ebooks in the EPUB3 format with vertical writing to show off the capabilities of Bluefire Reader. Anyone know where I can get/buy any such ebooks? It wold be OK if they have Adobe DRM (e.g. from Kobo or Google) as the app supports that.
Thanks in advance
-Micah
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #2
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
We are heading off to Tokyo soon to exhibit at Tokyo ebook expo, and I'm looking to find some samples of Japanese language ebooks in the EPUB3 format with vertical writing to show off the capabilities of Bluefire Reader. Anyone know where I can get/buy any such ebooks? It wold be OK if they have Adobe DRM (e.g. from Kobo or Google) as the app supports that.
Thanks in advance
-Micah
Well in the Kobo store you can find free Japanese ebooks. From the home screen click on "go", then select Japanese on the left sidebar. When downloading directly on the eReader or using the desktop software, the ebook usually comes as a kepub (a Kobo epub) that can be read the Japanese way.
But I'm not sure I'm answering your question.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2013, 04:09 AM   #3
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Here you go. Japanese Gutenberg.

http://www.aozora.gr.jp/

Full of Japanese classics and books out of copyright. Ebook format is epk. But you can convert that. Use google translate to navigate if you don't speak 日本語.

Edit: sorry missed the fact that you need specific format. I'm not sure how exactly would a vertical text conversion to epub work. Maybe it can be done...

Last edited by Geralt; 06-15-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You probably have seen this one:
https://code.google.com/p/epub-sampl...rtical-writing
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Project Gutenburg has some books in Japanese.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert