Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-06-2013, 04:56 AM   #106
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Dear Gouni,

We are sorry to disappoint you with the click-in case. At the moment, it is too difficult for us to create a special PC shell for the Kobo Aura, like we did for the Kobo Glo (since it is a limited edition e-reader). If you like to cancel your order, please contact info@geckocovers.com.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Luke from Gecko Covers.

Last edited by Klein Nijenhuis; 06-06-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #107
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quick update. Just this afternoon I got the confirmation that we can start producing Kobo Aura covers with click-in shell. Unfortunately, it will take some time before we have them in store, but probably around the 3d week of July.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #108
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (wife)
Thanks for the heads-up. I just wrote and asked Gecko to convert my order to wait for the click-in version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
Quick update. Just this afternoon I got the confirmation that we can start producing Kobo Aura covers with click-in shell. Unfortunately, it will take some time before we have them in store, but probably around the 3d week of July.
rayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #109
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
For the person who posted about skins for the Aura. I was talking with one of the employees of DecalGirl and they advised that they should have Aura skins in 3-4 weeks time. I also checked with Gelaskins (I have one for my Touch and love it) but it doesn't look like they have any plans to make skins for the Aura.

Jeff
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #110
gouni
Connoisseur
gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo
Quote:

Thank you very much, I am patient I will wait for the date.

gouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #111
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Klein:

That is excellent news!

One thing I'd like to mention is that a disproportionate number of Aura users have the Espresso model (both the e-reader and original case sold out first in that color) and are looking for cases that compliment dark brown. Blue works particularly well with brown, so I wonder whether you'd consider making a denim version of the leather hard case. If not, consider a pure blue model, not simply a mixed-color case with blue accents. And since the Espresso is a very dark brown, perhaps 3275A8 in RGB (653C in Pantone), 3858A2 or even a very light blue might work best.

653C

3858A2

Certain shades of light green would work as well, but then the case would be less male-friendly, and you've already got the opposite with pink, which does go well with brown.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 06-06-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #112
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1192 View Post
For the person who posted about skins for the Aura. I was talking with one of the employees of DecalGirl and they advised that they should have Aura skins in 3-4 weeks time. I also checked with Gelaskins (I have one for my Touch and love it) but it doesn't look like they have any plans to make skins for the Aura.

Jeff
This, too, is excellent news. I hadn't thought DG would expend much effort for a limited-edition product -- let alone one with a faceted back -- but sales must not look quite so limited to third parties who are paying attention.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #113
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana000 View Post
I was looking for covers to and I asked some sellers in etsy
this one does cases for kobo aura http://www.etsy.com/shop/GeekifyInc
this one also does http://www.etsy.com/shop/Bookarelli
and if you are looking for a cheap case there's this one in ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Kobo-Aur.../390603504681?
I still didn't buy any one of these so I can't tell about the quality
the etsy covers are pretty basic in terms of how it keeps the devices strapped to the cover. however, the cover themes are fantastic. who remembers playing "myst" back in the days? or would you rather affiliate yourself with one of the houses on GoT? (btw, one house just got really small).
i may actually get one. but the aura hd is not one that you can select when choosing the device you want to purchase for.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #114
juliana000
juliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: kindle touch, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
the etsy covers are pretty basic in terms of how it keeps the devices strapped to the cover. however, the cover themes are fantastic. who remembers playing "myst" back in the days? or would you rather affiliate yourself with one of the houses on GoT? (btw, one house just got really small).
i may actually get one. but the aura hd is not one that you can select when choosing the device you want to purchase for.
just select "other". I talked to the owner and he said that he can make for aura or any other ereader or tablet you have =D
I'm thinking in buying a Neverending Story one, but I also loved House Lannister case
juliana000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #115
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot

@Prestidigitweeze. Thanks for suggesting. Blue is of course always a colour to consider. When we have some samples/pictures of the slimfit-design and colours, I will let you guys know / post it here.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #116
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
A 15.99$ leather sleep cover from Skindigital

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/kobo...-cover-jacket/
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #117
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Quote:
@Prestidigitweeze. Thanks for suggesting. Blue is of course always a colour to consider. When we have some samples/pictures of the slimfit-design and colours, I will let you guys know / post it here.
Klein:

When you're considering which colors to add, remember that the Aura came in brown, white and black, that the first two colors sold out first, and that, since the black covers remained in stock while the other two sold out in hours, many users are probably looking for colors that compliment white and dark brown.

A brown case that matched the color of the espresso would also be excellent (though would entail your matching the color of that Kobo model), and would certainly sell to owners of both white model and espresso Auras.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #118
geekspertise
geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I purchased a leather(ish) sleep cover from a Chinese distributor via eBay for less than $14 with free shipping. It is designed specifically for the Aura and it works perfectly.

Check it out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390603509636...84.m1497.l2649

It also has a pen holder and a front pocket. Cheap, brilliant, fits perfectly, built for the Aura HD, and shipped quickly from Hong Kong. I couldn't ask for more. It also comes in other colors for those of you who aren't still going through your Purple Rain phase.
geekspertise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #119
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekspertise View Post
I purchased a leather(ish) sleep cover from a Chinese distributor via eBay for less than $14 with free shipping. It is designed specifically for the Aura and it works perfectly.

Check it out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390603509636...84.m1497.l2649

It also has a pen holder and a front pocket. Cheap, brilliant, fits perfectly, built for the Aura HD, and shipped quickly from Hong Kong. I couldn't ask for more. It also comes in other colors for those of you who aren't still going through your Purple Rain phase.
i got mine over the weekend. it fits the aura perfectly. i slipped in a stylus/pen/reset tool from the days long ago when i owned a sony palm pda into the pen holder on the side. the cover is padded and flexible as opposed to being rigid. if you are looking for the thinnest cover for minimal bulk, this would not be the one for you. otherwise, it's perfect. it's also a sleep cover. this is the same one offered by skindigital.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #120
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur
Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: CybkG3; iPads; Kindle PW2, Fire; NookGlow; KoboGlo, Aura HD, Aura One;
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
i got mine over the weekend. it fits the aura perfectly. i slipped in a stylus/pen/reset tool from the days long ago when i owned a sony palm pda into the pen holder on the side. the cover is padded and flexible as opposed to being rigid. if you are looking for the thinnest cover for minimal bulk, this would not be the one for you. otherwise, it's perfect. it's also a sleep cover. this is the same one offered by skindigital.
Thanks! Y'all have convinced me to get one, so I ordered one (in blue) from Skindigital. (Hoping it may get here to US/Calif. more quickly than the one from HongKong; although it wasn't clear where Skindigital ships from) Thanks to all 3 of you who posted about this cover!
Mikeyboards is offline   Reply With Quote