Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Edit Y/N metadata

Hi Chaley

Would it be possible to make a single Yes/No column that can be edited from CC?

I apologize if others have asked this, but I couldn't find any threads.

Thanks
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Hi Chaley

Would it be possible to make a single Yes/No column that can be edited from CC?

I apologize if others have asked this, but I couldn't find any threads.

Thanks
The only editable columns are read and read date. Both are synced back to calibre, assuming you do the necessary setup to tell CC which calibre columns to use.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I forgot to say that the read column is yes/no.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I guess that means that you can't create a Y/N column in calibre (one that I decide what is called) that are available for edit in CC?
Old 12-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I guess that means that you can't create a Y/N column in calibre (one that I decide what is called) that are available for edit in CC?
CC's Read info can be connected to any calibre yes/no column.

See CC FAQ Can I synchronize CC's Read and Date Read information with calibre?
Advert
Old 12-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
Tanjamuse
Wizard

How do I change that to a yes (or no) in CC? I tried to look at it today, but I can't find that setting.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
How do I change that to a yes (or no) in CC? I tried to look at it today, but I can't find that setting.
If you are asking how to change the value of CC's read info for a book, you do it in book details. It is at the top.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #8
Tanjamuse
Wizard

What I want is a column, where I can choose either yes or no, without having it based on read information, if fx I found something that I needed to edit, I could choose yes. Or if I wanted to remember that it was to become a favorite story.

I hope that makes more sense.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
What I want is a column, where I can choose either yes or no, without having it based on read information, if fx I found something that I needed to edit, I could choose yes. Or if I wanted to remember that it was to become a favorite story.

I hope that makes more sense.
As I said above, the only editable columns are read and read date. You can use them in any way you wish. If you want to use them for something other than read then you can remove them from CC's book list and grouping drawer in CC's settings.

There is no way to have a second editable yes/no column.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #10
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I can't find the CC's read column. Here's a screenshot:

Have I done something wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-06-17-35-50.png
Views:	174
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	132115  
Old 12-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Have you hidden the column? In Book Details tap the three dots (or whatever button your device has) to get the menu then choose "Choose items to display". Ensure that "Read" is checked.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #12
Tanjamuse
Wizard

There is a blue checkmark, but it still doesn't show up. I also don't have three dots anywhere.

As you can see in the screenshot, it should be at the very top (or at least I would think it should), but it isn't there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-06-17-59-15.png
Views:	162
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	132116  
Old 12-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

My mistake. The "Show read information" option in the "Customize the book list" section also controls whether the info appears in book details.

I will look at changing that, basically combining all the various options into one section.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #14
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Could you maybe also add a column like "Favorite" and then make it available for Y/N editing in CC? that way we can use it as favorite story/author/series ?
Old 12-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #15
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Could you maybe also add a column like "Favorite" and then make it available for Y/N editing in CC? that way we can use it as favorite story/author/series ?
No. Adding more sync columns is complicated and never-ending. There isn't a single metadata column that we haven't been asked to edit and to sync.

I am considering adding a single synced comments-like column that someone could use to make notes-to-self about calibre metadata changes s/he wants to make (or what-have-you). Unfortunately, adding such a column is quite complicated so it must wait until I have time and energy.