Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-25-2014, 02:38 PM   #31
bluefan
bluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
If I wasn't so satisfied with my Aura HD, I'd jump on this in a second. ~$30 more for some more features and Android?...

/slides Aura HD close to table edge

Now where's that cat...
bluefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
If I wasn't so satisfied with my Aura HD, I'd jump on this in a second. ~$30 more for some more features and Android?...

/slides Aura HD close to table edge

Now where's that cat...
I have a better idea, send me the Aura HD and then you can say it got lost or stolen.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2014, 10:53 PM   #33
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Oh man this really looks like the perfect eReader. The flexability to use any store or eReader software I want. Glad I haven't pulled the trigger on the KPW I'll just get this!
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:18 AM   #34
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Me, too.
I'm in no immediate need but if the reports on build quality and system stability prove positive I could see myself getting one. Especially now that the Kindle app has near-feature parity with the PW2.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=240825
Quality and stability are my main concerns. It's not cheap and if it breaks after a week how will one get it fixed or receive a refund? Especially if you don't live in Europe. I have already read of one user has reported problems. I imagine customer support will make Sony and Kobo look stellar.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:26 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Quality and stability are my main concerns. It's not cheap and if it breaks after a week how will one get it fixed or receive a refund? Especially if you don't live in Europe. I have already read of one user has reported problems. I imagine customer support will make Sony and Kobo look stellar.
The device is sold from Poland, which is an EU member. EU distance selling regulations impose strict requirements on sellers in terms of refunds and replacements. I have no concerns in that area. I've bought a number of readers online over the years from companies like Bookeen, Pocketbook, and Onyx, and haven't yet had a problem.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2014, 04:36 AM   #36
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The device is sold from Poland, which is an EU member. EU distance selling regulations impose strict requirements on sellers in terms of refunds and replacements. I have no concerns in that area. I've bought a number of readers online over the years from companies like Bookeen, Pocketbook, and Onyx, and haven't yet had a problem.
I don't live in the EU.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:37 AM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't live in the EU.
No, but I do, which is why I say that I personally have no concerns about buying one online.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:39 AM   #38
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:
No, but I do, which is why I say that I personally have no concerns about buying one online.
I see. You quoted my post which led me to believe you were responding to my post...
Old 06-26-2014, 04:46 AM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
I see. You quoted my post which led me to believe you were responding to my post...
Onyx are a reputable company who've been around for a long time. There's really no reason to anticipate problems with them in terms of support.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:29 AM   #40
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Then the review goes on to fill the video about some bible app instead of how good the reader really is.

Well, Jon, if I owned that ebook reader, I would probably make a video on a book that I'm currently reading: "How to Make Sensitive Comments About eBooks that Other People Enjoy Reading."

It's available where all fine ebooks are sold.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:42 AM   #41
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Well, Jon, if I owned that ebook reader, I would probably make a video on a book that I'm currently reading: "How to Make Sensitive Comments About eBooks that Other People Enjoy Reading."

It's available where all fine ebooks are sold.
But probably not selling too well, right?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:46 AM   #42
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Then the review goes on to fill the video about some bible app instead of how good the reader really is.
The person concerned bought the T68 largely for running that app so it's not surprising that he spent a large amount of his video on it.

I expect more videos will start appearing soon.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #43
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:
Onyx are a reputable company who've been around for a long time. There's really no reason to anticipate problems with them in terms of support.
I doubt they will be willing to pay return shipping and shipping the repaired or replacement unit between Europe and N.America. And then customs may want to take a cut each time. And then UPS like to add fantasy charges, too...

Really, it's a questionable proposition if you are not in Europe. I've just read of one new owner's device resetting a lot. Also someone in N.America has one of those big Sonys and its playing up. Getting support is going to be an expensive business, and neither device is cheap to begin with.

Last edited by Rizla; 06-26-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:07 AM   #44
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
Please share your experience. When is it expected?
Just had a shipping notification saying it's due to be delivered (by UPS) on Tuesday.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:47 AM   #45
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
But probably not selling too well, right?
Probably not; sometime in the last 4 hours it appears to have been taken down. Perhaps some sensitive individual took offense and sued. (Hey,it worked for hot coffee spills...)

Actually, I had to google that just to make sure it wasn't a real book.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote