Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Lost my 650

Can't find the damn thing anywhere. Traveled with it through 8 countries, and for 7 months on my motorbike, traded in my 505 when they had the good deals in the USA as I was passing through Texas. In less than a week at my parents it has vanished. It never left my parents house where I've been staying. after a month I still can't find it.
Severely upset with myself, as I had yet to figure out a way to bookmark which books I'd read in the Calibre easily, so I just kept adding more, and leaving the old ones in my reader. I had at least a half dozen on the go.
More annoyingly, I haven't got any money to spare to buy another one. Being pretty far in debt from travel has curtailed any spending at all. Feeling like an idiot. Anybody else ever lose one, and where'd you find it?
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
is it possible you could have accidentally thrown it out?
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Oh no! Say it isn't so! A fate worse than.... well, worse than not losing it!

I hope you do find it. Too bad there's not an option to call it or make it ring somehow. If you have any bookshelf or stack of books/magazines, I'd check there to be sure it didn't get hidden. Are you sure someone else in the house didn't appropriate it for personal use? I hope you find it. I'd be panicky and feel incomplete!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Culd it have slipped between pillows in couch or chair? (I guess after a month that it would have been discovered if that was the case, but I'm grasping at straws here!)

My guess: You had it in your hand when you went to do something totally unrelated, and then just put it down in a really really odd place (for a reader at least). Have done that with different things, and they are darn near impossible to find if you can't backtrack wheat you were doing when it disappeared.

So sorry to hear of your (apparent) loss! Hope you find it and when you do, please let us know where on earth you put it!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I think one of your parents snatched it.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #6
boykster
boykster began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950
I left my 900 on a plane.....:-(
boykster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:27 AM   #7
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
Sorry to hear of your loss. I had my first K3 stolen in December and yesterday I realised I had lost my Blackberry.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
minspargal
Enthusiast
minspargal doesn't litterminspargal doesn't litter

Device: sony reader
How terrible!
minspargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Wink Well..................

From personal experience -

a) Totally strip the bed you slept in, paying particular attention to the duvet ! They can somehow find their way inside, honestly .....

b) More likely ? Look under all chairs, sofas etc... You will certainly find some things, often money, but Readers are very thin , and slippery, so can get shunted under quite easily.

c) Quiz parents, under bright lights, concerning inadequate care of visitors belongings, and possibilities of compensation.
(You never know, you might get lucky... If the hard approach don't work, go for the sympathy vote.....)
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #10
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
I am sorry to hear this. I fear loosing mine someday. I have been taping a business card to my Reader's for the last four years in case someone is honest enough to contact me if I do leave it behind. I figure that I will never see it if there is no information, but with the card on the back there is a small chance.

I do hope you find your's
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
greylin
greylin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I left mine in the dental surgery and the dentist liked it so much he bought one! I'm afraid this is no help to you though and you have my greatest sympathy.
greylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #12
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Recall where you last had it and retrace your steps from there. Chances are you put it somewhere you would not normally put it and would not think to look.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I agree with that last, keep looking. Whenever I lose something, it is always because I put it somewhere I would not normally place it and therefore don't think of looking there. Check things like pantries, linen closets, bathroom shelves, anywhere you might inadvertently have laid it down while thinking about something else.

Also, was it in a leather cover and do your parents have pets? If it could be a possibility that a pet dragged it somewhere, check under beds, chairs, sofas, etc...
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #14
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Whenever I can't find something I call my best friend and have looked for it absolutely EVERYWHERE (what I think is everywhere)). She seems to know my weirdest moves and suggests places where I never would have looked for it. Normally I find it in a couple of minutes.

I do hope you will find it again. This is too big a loss, especially when you are not able to cover it.

Have you had a look out for the 350. I saw them somewhere mentioned to be sold for $99.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #15
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
Too often, when I lose something,, I buy a replacement and end up finding the lost one a few days/weeks later. My Nintendo DS was behind the bed. A set of hex socket bits was behing a storage box.

So I suggest buy a replacement on credit, wait a little bit, and the old one will turn up, then just return the new one.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote