Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #826
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
As I said in the other thread and in this thread, if you choose to use the side-loaded stats you are 100% on your own with no support at all from me.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:31 AM   #827
pimpsalot69
pimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo aura 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
As I said in the other thread and in this thread, if you choose to use the side-loaded stats you are 100% on your own with no support at all from me.
I am aware of that and thank you for your work. I'm merely asking anyone else that has tried it. As I wrote in another post I'm one of those people that fight to finish a chapter before sleep so it is vital to me to know how much I have left. Thanx again though for all your work.
pimpsalot69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2013, 05:25 AM   #828
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
pimpsalot, if you are using Win7:

1) Start
2) in "Search programs and Files ..." type "edit environment
3) click on "Edit environment Variables for your Account"
4) click on "New..." in the Environment Variable dialog
5) add the values

Good luck.

It seems ironic that there is such a concern that people may harm their Kobos by clicking on check boxes, yet editing environment variables is fine.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #829
pimpsalot69
pimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of lightpimpsalot69 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
pimpsalot, if you are using Win7:

1) Start
2) in "Search programs and Files ..." type "edit environment
3) click on "Edit environment Variables for your Account"
4) click on "New..." in the Environment Variable dialog
5) add the values

Good luck.

It seems ironic that there is such a concern that people may harm their Kobos by clicking on check boxes, yet editing environment variables is fine.
Yea I absolutely agree about that.
I'm using Windows 8 and I found it throw the start screen and a Google search. I'll have to try again maybe I need to restart calibre again. I get the stats when it's sleep but not the in book unfortunately. I'm using fw 2.10.

Last edited by pimpsalot69; 11-15-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #830
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
If you feel that I've made the wrong choice, you're welcome to post a well-reasoned opinion as to why.
Advert
Old 11-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #831
pimpsalot69

I think i i Know my problem I have the kobo Aura 2013 not HD
Old 11-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #832
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsalot69 View Post
I think i i Know my problem I have the kobo Aura 2013 not HD
The two devices use the same firmware, so that is unlikely to be the problem. My bet would be that the environment variable is not set correctly so that it calibre can see it. You will definitely need to restart calibre after setting or changing it. And you might need to restart the computer.

And the pedant in me says that there is no such thing as a "Kobo Aura 2013". It is just "Kobo Aura". I can't think of how tacking the year onto the name of a model that is less than two months old helps to identify it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:21 AM   #833
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
KoboTouch has been updated to support FW 3.0.0.

Till xxxExtended is updated, is using the New Firmware option safe?

(I ask because IIRC I've read somewhere that something has changed in the Kobo sql database).
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #834
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I can't remember if that option also ignores the max DB version, but yes it's safe. There was a database change but it doesn't affect anything I touch.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #835
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

A new version has been posted supporting firmware 3.0.0.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #836
Essere Balzano
Essere Balzano began at the beginning.

Device: Aura 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
A new version has been posted supporting firmware 3.0.0.
It seems doesn't work fully on aura 6 (no icon stats in reading menu, sideload epub).
Essere Balzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #837
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Do you have the driver option for extended features enabled?

What do you mean by "aura 6"? Kobo Aura HD or Kobo Aura?
Old 11-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #838
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
And, as you say, it can also start a "war" against Kobo that doesn't make sense either. Trying to make them reconsider their decision about dropping stats in sideloaded kepubs is far more better. (More over, maybe even making them know about this issue. Maybe it's just a side effect of another really desired code change, and they just didn't think about what happened with unofficial kepubs which aren't their main concern anyway).
They know about the stats issue. In fact, while not giving us a time schedule, Kobo staff has been clear with the beta group that they are planning to enable stats on sideloaded books again when what they see as bugs in the old programming are resolved.

I know how annoying it is when this sort of feature disappears. But I also know that Kobo has development/backend things going on and will do this sort of thing from time to time for reasons we may or may not be told about.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #839
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
For setting environment variables in modern Windows versions checkout the SETX command line tool.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #840
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
They know about the stats issue. In fact, while not giving us a time schedule, Kobo staff has been clear with the beta group that they are planning to enable stats on sideloaded books again when what they see as bugs in the old programming are resolved.

I know how annoying it is when this sort of feature disappears. But I also know that Kobo has development/backend things going on and will do this sort of thing from time to time for reasons we may or may not be told about.
That's really good news.

OFFTOPIC (more or less )
Pleaaase, can you tell them about the extra spacing issue when justifying in ACCESS renderer? I hope they really change the current behaviour. It's a really "hidden" issue that can easily go unnoticed during general beta testing or internal code behaviour review...
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one