Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #16
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Just a bad joke about making it entirely nonfunctional, then it would be nook like
drdann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
Wolf3
Connoisseur
Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook 2, Kindle 3, iPad 2, iPod 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelloguy View Post
@wolf: some fonts look readable on paper but on these devices they are not as readable. these screens do not match the resolution of paper+print and a majority of fonts, especially one with thin parts or strokes look very unreadable. I think it would be a bad idea for publishers to emulate print fonts for these devices. In fact they shouldn't have *any* font information. It should be left to the rendering device if possible. Device manufacturers should study what fonts look good on their screens and make those available for their devices.
I suppose that's a good point. Still, I'd like the option to try it, particularly since future devices might have far higher resolution screens.

It's funny...the resolution on the 6" eInk screens obviously isn't BAD, but the pixels are super obvious if I pay attention to them.
Wolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert