Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
Mobileread Forum Font Size Locked?

Hi, I just tried to read Mobileread forums on the 950, but the font was really tiny. I tried to use a bigger font size, but nothing happens (not even when I used XXL). Is this normal?

By the way, I found I love reading webpages for a long time on the 950! Scrolling may be awkward, but the e-ink display is awesome. I actually read dozens of Amazon reviews on a "toy" that I was interested in, and never thought of moving to my laptop. Was going to treat myself to the "Notable quote" thread in Reading Recommendation, but deterred by the font size. I wish someone would soon hack the 950 into displaying webpages in landscape mode!
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
yes PLEASE HACK PRS 950 to Landscape mode, maybe PRS+? plz plz plz
And if you don't mind, please let the browser support other languages via font installation
and download/open PDFs
Besides this, the web experience is GREAT!
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by antistar View Post
Hi, I just tried to read Mobileread forums on the 950, but the font was really tiny. I tried to use a bigger font size, but nothing happens (not even when I used XXL). Is this normal?
I am having the same experience as well. The browser is nice to have, but certainly has its limits.

It would be great if Sony issued firmware updates like they do for the Sony Dash.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur
caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony daily edition 950
Well if hacking could take care of downloading via wi-fi that would be great.
caribbean_spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Have you tried the MobileRead mobile site.

http://www.mobileread.mobi/
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Hi Wetdogeared, I tried your link, but the 950 cannot read it
(error on line 1 at column 43: StartTag: invalid element name)

The page shows all right on pc. I am disappointed. The page looks just the thing for the 950 browser- no nonsense, just fun read. bookmarked it anyway. Will keep trying now and then and hope it works one day.

Last edited by antistar; 12-12-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
for some reason, most "Printable" versions of webpages don't resize properly, on the contrary, the regular web versions do.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Hi Wetdogeared, I tried your link, but the 950 cannot read it
(error on line 1 at column 43: StartTag: invalid element name)

The page shows all right on pc. I am disappointed. The page looks just the thing for the 950 browser- no nonsense, just fun read. bookmarked it anyway. Will keep trying now and then and hope it works one day.
Thanks for reporting the issue! Fortunately, Santa is going to bring me a 950 very soon, and then the issue will be fixed.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:17 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I don't have a 950, but I'm curious have you tried changing from Fixed style to Liquid at the bottom left of the forum?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
antistar
Connoisseur

Hi Alexander, thanks for looking in the problem (sort of feeling honored )

Hi dwanthny, thanks for the tip-up. Unfortunately font size does not change, but the page now reflows itself to fit the width (in portrait mode though ), meaning I don't have to scroll left and right anymore and get to see the id of the speakers, definitely an improvement.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #11
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Alex has modified the MobileRead mobile site. Give it another try.

http://www.mobileread.mobi/
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
antistar
Connoisseur

The new mobile edition is neat and a great pleasure to read on the 950! Thank you Alex and those who contributed.
I've attached a screenshot of what the new version looks like on the machine. Ain't it great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	110217115602.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	66809