Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Strange Behaviour

After turning on my PocketBook this morning, it decided to show a display language of German which unfortunately I cannot read.

I initially thought that may have accidentally pressed something last night but on closer inspection it has changed some of my settings as well such as my power button which has been put back to keylock when I had it on the last books opened.

I've checked and I can open my books but it has lost where I was and has gone back to the start of my books.

After a few attempts it has allowed me to change back to an English setting.

Very odd so I don't know what happened there - do you think it's something I've done or just a glitch.

I've just noticed, I can do a backup configuration to SD card so maybe I should do this when I have it all set with my prefs again.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:05 AM   #2
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
After turning on my PocketBook this morning, it decided to show a display language of German which unfortunately I cannot read.

I initially thought that may have accidentally pressed something last night but on closer inspection it has changed some of my settings as well such as my power button which has been put back to keylock when I had it on the last books opened.

I've checked and I can open my books but it has lost where I was and has gone back to the start of my books.

After a few attempts it has allowed me to change back to an English setting.

Very odd so I don't know what happened there - do you think it's something I've done or just a glitch.

I've just noticed, I can do a backup configuration to SD card so maybe I should do this when I have it all set with my prefs again.
About like that, I frankly I hear the first time. Perhaps as you press the button and was taken Hardware Reset, but can not imagine how they could push themselves.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 04:16 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Could it be due to a very low battery charge?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:07 AM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Could it be due to a very low battery charge?
No it had just been fully charged yesterday - maybe it was an odd book causing issues?
Old 12-31-2009, 07:12 AM   #5
Larrie
Enthusiast
Larrie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600, PB 360, Ectaco JB, Kindle DX, PRS 950, M90
Actually, I had the exact same experience some time ago as well. I was wondering why everything was in German when I never changed the language. Went to settings and it showed selected language EN even though everything was in German. Resolved after restarting it and has not happened again since.
Larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 07:26 AM   #6
poshm
Fanatic

I will put it down to an odd glitch then

I've restarted it many times today as we've been out and about and had no further problems. Been meaning to learn German for many years now, maybe it is some kind of sign that I should
Old 12-31-2009, 07:34 AM   #7
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrie View Post
Actually, I had the exact same experience some time ago as well. I was wondering why everything was in German when I never changed the language. Went to settings and it showed selected language EN even though everything was in German. Resolved after restarting it and has not happened again since.
Probably all the same firmware bug. This will be reported to the developers.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:36 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Would you mind reporting my "double boot" bug, too, please? I know that it's probably down to the card I'm using, but if it could be fixed, it would be nice .
Old 12-31-2009, 08:00 AM   #9
Forkosigan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Would you mind reporting my "double boot" bug, too, please? I know that it's probably down to the card I'm using, but if it could be fixed, it would be nice .
Yes, of course.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thank you .