Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
JoelMayer
JoelMayer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Preserve Fonts During Conversion?

I am converting an EPUB built in SIGIL to a MOBI file using the latest version of Calibre. The original doc file (and the SIGIL EPUB) displays body text in Times New Roman and chapter headings in Verdanna. How do I preserve these two fonts during the Calibre conversion process?

Under "Look and Feel" I found an option for font family. But I want to specify two fonts, not just one. What do I do? Suggestions?
JoelMayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelMayer View Post
I am converting an EPUB built in SIGIL to a MOBI file using the latest version of Calibre. The original doc file (and the SIGIL EPUB) displays body text in Times New Roman and chapter headings in Verdanna. How do I preserve these two fonts during the Calibre conversion process?

Under "Look and Feel" I found an option for font family. But I want to specify two fonts, not just one. What do I do? Suggestions?
Did you embed Times New Roman and Verdana? If not, Sigil is picking it up from being installed on your system. You need to embed them in the ePub for them to work in say ADE. Now, as for converting to Mobi, Mobi does not support embedded fonts so that won't work. If have the fonts properly embedded in the ePub, you can convert to KF8 (AZW3) and if your Kindle supports KF8, you'll be all set.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert