Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-03-2015, 05:09 AM   #1486
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Oh, yeah...

I've updated the first post of the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware thread.

I'm calling this one: The Very Special Holiday Extravaganza release
You might also want to update the Kobo Desktop version to 3.18.0.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:39 AM   #1487
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You might also want to update the Kobo Desktop version to 3.18.0.
Done.

Can someone please feed me the digital signature date on the desktop?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2015, 07:13 PM   #1488
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Done.

Can someone please feed me the digital signature date on the desktop?
Looking at my copy of the installer:

Wednesday, ‎September ‎23, ‎2015 11:34:41 AM
Old 10-04-2015, 08:00 AM   #1489
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Looking at my copy of the installer:

Wednesday, ‎September ‎23, ‎2015 11:34:41 AM
Ok. Thanks.

I really am still on holidays. At least mentally.

My installer has Thur, 24 Sep 2015 5:34:41 AM.

So, at least you've answered one of my questions, which is: is the digital signature displayed as local to your locale.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:23 PM   #1490
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Ok. Thanks.

I really am still on holidays. At least mentally.

My installer has Thur, 24 Sep 2015 5:34:41 AM.

So, at least you've answered one of my questions, which is: is the digital signature displayed as local to your locale.
As far as I know, the digital signature is stored in UTC but displayed in local time. Going by the time difference between BC, Canada and Australia's eastern time zone, the time stamps would be the same.
Advert
Old 10-05-2015, 04:04 AM   #1491
murg
No Comment

Quote:
As far as I know, the digital signature is stored in UTC but displayed in local time. Going by the time difference between BC, Canada and Australia's eastern time zone, the time stamps would be the same.
That's what I had thought, but never really confirmed. Until now.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #1492
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi guys,

I said that all seems to be ok with FW 3.18.0 on my Glo not HD but I've just find a bug : when we use fullscreen mode, every pages are refreshed (not when don't use it) :

To add fullscreen option : open your .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf and add this :

[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenReading=true

NB : if [FeatureSettings] does not exist add it.

The option to choice the fullscreen mode will appear.

Last edited by akorx; 10-05-2015 at 01:33 PM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:27 PM   #1493
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi guys,

I said that all seems to be ok with FW 3.18.0 but I've just find a bug : when we use fullscreen mode, every pages are refreshed !
Are you kidding ??
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #1494
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Are you kidding ??
No ! I'd like...
Old 10-05-2015, 01:46 PM   #1495
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
No ! I'd like...
pssst.. wake up Almost 80% of the 3.18.0 firmware topic is all about just that one bug..
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=265598
Old 10-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #1496
akorx
Addict

Ough I haven't seen it ! sorry, I think I was sleeping during those all days, the wake up is hard !
Old 10-06-2015, 05:04 PM   #1497
geokv
geokv can differentiate black from dark navy bluegeokv can differentiate black from dark navy bluegeokv can differentiate black from dark navy bluegeokv can differentiate black from dark navy bluegeokv can differentiate black from dark navy bluegeokv can differentiate black from dark navy bluegeokv can differentiate black from dark navy bluegeokv can differentiate black from dark navy bluegeokv can differentiate black from dark navy bluegeokv can differentiate black from dark navy bluegeokv can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
deleted post

Last edited by geokv; 10-08-2015 at 11:15 AM. Reason: wrong thread
geokv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:28 PM   #1498
vatazhka
vatazhka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.vatazhka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.vatazhka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.vatazhka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.vatazhka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.vatazhka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.vatazhka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.vatazhka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.vatazhka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.vatazhka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.vatazhka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi,

I have created a simple website where you can check what is the current version of firmware for your Kobo eReader.

I just hope that I got the product and affiliate codes right! Please let me know if you spot any mistakes or would like to add new products and/or affiliates.

[Off-topic promotional link deleted - MODERATOR]

If you have any suggestions, please also let me know.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-12-2015 at 08:01 AM.
vatazhka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:56 AM   #1499
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Nice idea, one suggestion would be that once you select the device it will then show you a list of which firmware versions are available using each affiliate code so you'd know which to select.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:21 AM   #1500
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatazhka View Post
Hi,

I have created a simple website where you can check what is the current version of firmware for your Kobo eReader.

I just hope that I got the product and affiliate codes right! Please let me know if you spot any mistakes or would like to add new products and/or affiliates.

[Off-topic promotional link deleted - MODERATOR]

If you have any suggestions, please also let me know.
There is already a place where you can see what the current version for your device is, and it is sticky, and it is in the same topic as where you put your message in.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660
(The first message of this topic) I trust Murg a lot more then a website that can send you the wrong firmware,or other malware.
And what a website for a camera has to do in a topic about e-reader firmware...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-12-2015 at 08:02 AM.