Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
edzard
edzard began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
EZpdf feature problems

Hello!

I've installed EZpdf on my nook touch, as it seemed to be a good choice when I checked youtube videos and review on this forum. In for instance this review you can see how ezpdf should have annotation and selection features on the nook touch. For me everything works as advertised, except the annotation feature does not work. Using a long press this function should be activated, but long presses do not do anything for me. Existing annotations on pdf's it shows just fine, but I cannot make new ones.

Did anyone experience similar problems, and is it possible to solve them? Is there a menu or setting I am missing?

Thanks!
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
apeine
Enthusiast
apeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook STR
Well, I use it on Nook STR, and never had a problem. But first check if your pdf file is made of text or graphics (like scanned page). If they are printed from a text editing program, such as Word, Open Office, Google docs or the such, you may choose words alone. If they are scanned, but have not gone through OCR (converting graphics to text), you may not be able to choose words.
apeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 04:44 AM   #3
edzard
edzard began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
But first check if your pdf file is made of text or graphics (like scanned page). If they are printed from a text editing program, such as Word, Open Office, Google docs or the such, you may choose words alone. If they are scanned, but have not gone through OCR (converting graphics to text), you may not be able to choose words.
The pdf's are all text-based, so that is not the problem. If I open them in repligo reader I can make annotations, but i find repligo barely useable because it has so many page animations that don't really work on the screen, and you can only do annotations by opening a menu. What I saw from video's is that ezpdf reader is much more useable in that regard, so I really hope someone has any idea what's wrong.
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote