Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 05:22 AM   #1
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I can't even start Calibre. Please help

I get the error that "Python function terminating unexpectedly" when I start Calibre. I tried uninstalling, and installing it several times. The same result. I've tried installing it on several different computers and get the same result.

I downloaded it yesterday. I have XP on both computers. On one of them I didn't install the Sony Library software, but still got the same result. I picked a folder with a path with only English characters.

Any more advice on what I'm doing wrong?
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ing-on-windows
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I tried all that before creating this thread. Still doesn't work. I didn't upgrade. I installed a fresh copy.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then follow the instructions at the bottom about getting debug output and post it
Old 01-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
Jovvi
Connoisseur
Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Cybook Opus, iPad and HTC Wildfire (Android)
This happens to me too! But if I install an earlier version it works...

Clara
Jovvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovvi View Post
This happens to me too! But if I install an earlier version it works...

Clara
Is there an earlier version to download?

Here's the screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	debug.JPG
Views:	530
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	43803  
Old 01-19-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's caused by a bug in the Swedish translation, will be fixed in the next release in a few days.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
Jovvi
Connoisseur
Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don´t think there is an earlier version for download, but I had kept an earlier version (.29).

Så, är du också från Sverige?
Clara
Old 01-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Earlier versions of calibre are available from sourceforge
Old 01-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #10
Jovvi
Connoisseur

Oh, that´s good!

I´m kind of lazy with deleting earlier versions myself, but I had the same problem with version .33 so I was a little extra cautious with this uppgrade.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:03 AM   #11
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovvi View Post
I don´t think there is an earlier version for download, but I had kept an earlier version (.29).

Så, är du också från Sverige?
Clara
Svärje är greit. Tack
Old 01-20-2010, 04:39 AM   #12
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur

Quote:
Earlier versions of calibre are available from sourceforge
Ok, thanks. .29 worked a charm. Thanks. Great product.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 AM   #13
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur

Quote:
That's caused by a bug in the Swedish translation, will be fixed in the next release in a few days.
Sounds great. Thanks.