Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #31
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Its none of their business how long I read which ebook. I'm very concerned about my privacy.
I see. But, I don't understand how having YOUR info in YOUR file is going to affect YOUR privacy. As long as you keep the file private.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I've like to be broken next is LRX format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #33
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I see. But, I don't understand how having YOUR info in YOUR file is going to affect YOUR privacy. As long as you keep the file private.

BOb
The URI connects to the server and sends my customer no. and the book id to it. The ebook provider can create reading "reading profiles".

A similar behaviour can be seen in some of the new Electronic Arts games. They secretly send information to the server.

Last edited by joblack; 02-26-2009 at 04:51 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #34
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Unknown post id, it may have expired or been deleted :-/
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #35
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
OMG, I just found this! I cannot wait to get home and un-DRM the library book I checked out a week ago in anticipation! Hopefully, we won't have to have 3 pages of errors from me. i♥cabbages, I love you!!

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 03-01-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #36
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Unknown post id, it may have expired or been deleted :-/
I had a new version of the script to post anyway. Link in the blog post updated.
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #37
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Totally unfair I have to work. I now know which script to download, have my key, have the library book in DE - if this works, no more buying books for me! To the library I will go(in cyberspace).

I can't wait!

Debra

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 03-01-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #38
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

OMG, this is soooo easy to use! Thank you so much, i♥cabbages.

Debra
Old 02-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #39
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
i♥cabbages but I still hate cabbages.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #40
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

How about Brussell Sprouts? I think of those as little cabbages. Love those, too!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #41
michaeli98
michaeli98 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, is it possible to repost key-retrieval script? Link is broken in the blog.
michaeli98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
I had a new version of the script to post anyway. Link in the blog post updated.
When you post the code to pastebin, what are you selecting as to how long the code should remain? The default is one month.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:14 AM   #43
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
that last script even fixed the older PDF encryption prior to the ADE. I thought I lost that book due to DRM, since Fictionwise expired that book without notice. They are no longer selling that book.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:57 AM   #44
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Totally unfair I have to work. I now know which script to download, have my key, have the library book in DE - if this works, no more buying books for me! To the library I will do (in cyberspace).
Please don't forget to delete the books once the checkout period has expired.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #45
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeli98 View Post
Hi, is it possible to repost key-retrieval script? Link is broken in the blog.
Re-posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When you post the code to pastebin, what are you selecting as to how long the code should remain? The default is one month.
I'm selecting the "forever" option. I'm guessing that either someone is flagging these as abusive or the fact that they're so large is causing the pastbin admins to look at them. Anyone got any ideas for a better place to put these?
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote