Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #91
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
I had no luck putting pic's in the suggested user folder, but placing my own pic's in the DK L specific folder does work - sometimes

I'm unsure what the behaviour is supposed to be, but I do like the "last screen displayed" feature. It's very useful if for example you need to think about a schematic or follow a routing diagram, without having to keep pressing the on/off switch, which could be awkward if you're perched high up on a ladder

It really needs a selectable settings option. At the moment my K3's switching to the late Steve Jobs' photograph.....

If you have "FBreader" installed, you can switch to that quickly from DK L via Launchpad.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #92
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by banuays View Post
I couldn't exactly understand the combination. I tried Shift+Next Page and Prev Page. It seems to jump a few pages, to the end and beginning (also a useful combination though!). Also I tried Shift+Up and down arrow keys (and left and right). No success with any of them!
press five-way-up while holding shift key . it takes a while to zoom

Quote:
That SS hack is perfect, but mine is "Special Offers" kindle. I managed to prevent Kindle Ads to pop up, but I cannot make the SS hack work. I guess it is because of special offers, or I am doing something wrong.
it is not the SS hack, but kaffeine
Quote:
(bu güzel çalışmalarınız için gerçekten elinize sağlık)
Teşekkürler.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #93
banuays
banuays began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi+3G
Thank you very much for the help. I realized that zoom was a problem only in one of my files (that I was reading at that moment).

The Kaffeine solution would help me a lot. I am searching for info on Kaffeine since you told. I installed it from: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151207

I can't get it work and I can't understand how I can make it show my own screensavers. I'm sorry, maybe it is an easy question, but can you give it a help? (maybe from private message, I don't want to burden here more).
banuays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #94
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you very much for the help. I realized that zoom was a problem only in one of my files (that I was reading at that moment).

The Kaffeine solution would help me a lot. I am searching for info on Kaffeine since you told. I installed it from: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151207

I can't get it work and I can't understand how I can make it show my own screensavers. I'm sorry, maybe it is an easy question, but can you give it a help? (maybe from private message, I don't want to burden here more).
sorry I mislead you. it is not to have custom screensavers but to have last screen as an screensaver(and so on). if you want to use custom screensavers for KindleOS, you should use ss hack.
To have custom screensavers on Duokan lite put them in the folder /DK_System/Lite/res/ScreenSaver
(I mentioned about Kafeine since your 3rd issue resembles it, just as a joke.)

if you have further questions about Kafein (or ss) it would be better if you use its own thread.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #95
thomass
Wizard

weekly update

Lite1027.1642.rtm released (mirror , mirror2 , mirror3 , mirror4)
md5: C48986911F20D84497BF1F9A9A76ED45

Lite1027.1642.rtm
File size: 33.68MB
Suitable models: kindle3
Updated: 2011.10.28

You can update with WiFi:
1. connect WiFi
2. System Settings >> check update.

Quote:
Updates this week:
New features:
QuickFlip function (on system settings after the item:“PDF Sharpen Setting” )

Improvements:
Optimize the sorting of the directory, press the left button to display the full name of the file name, press del to delete the file.

Fix the problem:
Fix the music player can not adjust the volume during playback problems.
Repair in the off state, the title bar still shows the problem.
Just open the WiFi fix, the other operations will point card problems.
Repair system upgrade in the download process into the lead after the screen saver download to fail.
you can use this page to send your feedbacks.

Last edited by thomass; 11-05-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #96
avidworm
Enthusiast
avidworm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
hi

does duokan lite work on firmware 3.3?

thanks

edit

also which 3.2.1 folder to pick since i don't have chinese fonts?

kindle3.2.1+«¦¦+²+¦¦n

or

kindle3.2.1+²+¦¦n

?

Last edited by avidworm; 10-31-2011 at 03:53 PM.
avidworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #97
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by avidworm View Post
does duokan lite work on firmware 3.3?
Yes, but for some reason I couldn't do the initial install with the v. 1027 build and simply installed the earlier v. 1014 build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidworm View Post
also which 3.2.1 folder to pick since i don't have chinese fonts?
I cannot read Chinese either but in the v.1014 build the folder has the following name in Chinese Big 5 encoding: kindle3.2.1升级包 (which means upgrade package according to Google MT)

If you use Duokan Lite v. 1014, it's a 131 KB file that is in the folder with the larger .bin files. (At least that's what worked for me.)

Good luck!
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:01 PM   #98
tracy2011
Connoisseur
tracy2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
If your version is 3.2.1,you should copy the kindle3.2.1升级包(3bin files),if your version is not 3.2.1,then you should copy the 非3.2.1升级包(3bin files)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Yes, but for some reason I couldn't do the initial install with the v. 1027 build and simply installed the earlier v. 1014 build.

I cannot read Chinese either but in the v.1014 build the folder has the following name in Chinese Big 5 encoding: kindle3.2.1升级包 (which means upgrade package according to Google MT)

If you use Duokan Lite v. 1014, it's a 131 KB file that is in the folder with the larger .bin files. (At least that's what worked for me.)

Good luck!
tracy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #99
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Question Virtual keyboard layout configuration?

Has anybody figured out how to add new virtual keyboard layouts for languages other than English and Chinese?
IIRC, Duokan has a secondary IME option, but I haven't figured out where the keyboard configuration files are stored and what the format is.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #100
avidworm
Enthusiast
avidworm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy2011 View Post
If your version is 3.2.1,you should copy the kindle3.2.1升级包(3bin files),if your version is not 3.2.1,then you should copy the 非3.2.1升级包(3bin files)
for some reason my winxp system shows the folders as:

kindle3.2.1+«¦¦+²+¦¦n

and

kindle3.2.1+²+¦¦n

(i do have east asian languages installed?)

so which one of the two should i choose?

cheers

Last edited by avidworm; 11-01-2011 at 11:11 AM.
avidworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #101
thomass
Wizard

use ones in this folder
Quote:
kindle3.2.1+²+¦¦n
to be sure you may check that they have size:131 kb (not 2 kb)
Old 11-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #102
bach68
bach68 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thumbs up Italian language

Here is the italian translation for Duokan.
Copy to DK_System/lite/res/language folder and choose it from System Settings.
Bye
Attached Files
File Type: txt Italiano.txt (17.0 KB, 430 views)

Last edited by bach68; 11-02-2011 at 08:09 AM.
bach68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #103
louisf
louisf began at the beginning.

Device: louisf
Hello and thanks for your tutorials.

I followed the steps, I'm able to get into DKlite, but I only see my clippings and none of my books. If I switch back to kindle, they're all there. Any idea why ?

Thanks again
louisf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #104
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisf View Post
Hello and thanks for your tutorials.

I followed the steps, I'm able to get into DKlite, but I only see my clippings and none of my books. If I switch back to kindle, they're all there. Any idea why ?

Thanks again
see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=47
Old 11-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #105
louisf
louisf began at the beginning.

Device: louisf
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Ooopps guess I didn't see that one

thanks again
louisf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf