Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-30-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
A short glimpse on OS 2.8

Just saw this on the iRex homepage:

Preview of the upcoming software release.

In the upcoming software release you can expect a number of additional features on the iLiad that will extend your electronic reading and digital writing experience.

Herewith a short preview of some features that you can expect in this upcoming release:
  • Scribble in PDF: With the stylus you will be able to make annotations on PDF documents on your iLiad.
  • Configurable Flipbar: You will now be able to configure the direction of the flipbar to your liking.
  • Transfer files via LAN: For easy file transfer you can now mount your iLiad as USB device via your wireless or wired network connection to your PC.
  • Pin code protection: Protect your iLiad with a personalized pin code. This pin code will be asked on startup of the iLiad.
A release date will be announced shortly.

More software releases to be come available after this one...
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
Just saw this on the iRex homepage:
[*]Transfer files via LAN: For easy file transfer you can now mount your iLiad as USB device via your wireless or wired network connection to your PC..

arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
all very nice, but what about suspend mode...???
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:18 PM   #4
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
all very nice, but what about suspend mode...???
Hehe, dont get your hopes up yet. For suspend mode, they have to sort uut quite a bit of the power management part. And they have to get the buttons to wake up the device again. So i guess, you will need some patience.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:22 PM   #5
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Any idea about what the file transfer "mount" really meants? NFS into the kernel?
Advert
Old 10-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #6
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Well, I'm hoping it means you can transfer directly to the mmc or cf card (ie you mount the card as a drive). Then again, I've been known to be wildly optimistic
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #7
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
I think they're saying you will have Windows networking access to the same content as you'd get via USB, except without the annoying PC is accessing iLiad screen.

I already hacked my "personal" ipdf to flip the flip bar.

And I already have network file access to my iLiad.

So scribble in PDF.... hmmm.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:56 PM   #8
arivero
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
So scribble in PDF.... hmmm.
AND the sources to it . Or, at least, to the scribble libraries.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:50 AM   #9
Mambo
Gadget fan
Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: RM Tablet PC, iLiad, PRS 505, iPod Touch
Configurable Flipbar means what?

a) This means only the reversal of next/previous page?
b) Or even the landscape mode will work properly, i.e. flipbar will now be able to navigate through the same page?

I am afraid we get only point a) which is not much use anyway. You can get accustomed to the direction of the flipbar, but the landscape + Zoom mode currently is pretty useless.
Mambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:59 AM   #10
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo
b) Or even the landscape mode will work properly, i.e. flipbar will now be able to navigate through the same page?
I think iRex is working on the "width mode" so that you can flip through pages in landscape mode. I dont know, if it is going to be in OS 2.8 though.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:42 AM   #11
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by arivero
Any idea about what the file transfer "mount" really meants? NFS into the kernel?
New and more accurate description on the website now reads:
"Transfer files from your PC to the iLiad using your network."
which is what the function will actually be: a way to transfer files from and to your iLiad by using the (wireless) network.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:05 AM   #12
arivero
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs
New and more accurate description on the website now reads:
"Transfer files from your PC to the iLiad using your network."
which is what the function will actually be: a way to transfer files from and to your iLiad by using the (wireless) network.
I guess the other one was taken cut/paste from a discussion slide. I can imagine "USB" floating somewhere in the slide, and "wireless" in some other.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:58 AM   #13
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
I think iRex is working on the "width mode" so that you can flip through pages in landscape mode. I dont know, if it is going to be in OS 2.8 though.
Well I'm bored so I'm putting my rotate crop and view tool trick into ipdf in revision 5.

I hope to get enough source code to be able to add automatic margin removal at some point.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:22 AM   #14
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Nice work Scotty...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:57 AM   #15
Malder1
Connoisseur
Malder1 began at the beginning.

iRex replied me that hardware of iLiad doesn't support suspend mode.
Malder1 is offline   Reply With Quote