Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
bouncy2009
bouncy2009 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Arrow Mini PC Notebook as E-book Reader?

Hi, who has this mini PC notebook? I just ordered one and expecting...

Just checked, it has E-Booking Read function. Then really very curious that who have some experiences with this mini PC notebook as an ebook reader? Or maybe i can share more with you after received it. Hope it could reach to me asap.

bouncy2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You should read this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32551
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2009, 01:23 AM   #3
bouncy2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Thank you very much. Go now...
Old 04-22-2009, 05:46 AM   #4
bouncy2009

Just received the mini pc notebook, it really has E-Booking Read function. Now i also have a e-book reader now.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:43 AM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
that's cool, I hope your Eyes last out, after reading on my EEEPC for 6 months, I had cronic EYE pain and focusing issues until I switched to eink
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2009, 04:52 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy2009 View Post
Just received the mini pc notebook, it really has E-Booking Read function. Now i also have a e-book reader now.
How long will it run for on a battery charge?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:05 AM   #7
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
mini notebooks run very hot, and beside the eyestrain issue, i found the heat coming off my eee just too much to deal with. others don't seem to mind.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #8
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
mini notebooks run very hot, and beside the eyestrain issue, i found the heat coming off my eee just too much to deal with. others don't seem to mind.
perhaps it was because I had the SSD 701 4g version, but it ran pretty cool, unless I blocked the air vents for about 20 minutes

but while reading, with the computer held like a book. it was fine, though slightly heavy
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Bouncey, how's it going? I need an update from you on how this is working as an ebook reader. Congrats!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:43 AM   #10
bouncy2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
that's cool, I hope your Eyes last out, after reading on my EEEPC for 6 months, I had cronic EYE pain and focusing issues until I switched to eink
Oh, so terrible. Hope you are ok now. Thanks for your remind.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #11
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
I'm only about six weeks and three novels into using my MSI Wind as a reader, but no complaints so far. It barely even gets warm, much less hot, and as long as I manage the brightness level, I'm not seeing any eyestrain w/ ebooks (comics are another story, but even there we're not talking headache eyestrain, just a kind of tired itchiness). If you have software that lets you set ebook background colors, I've found that black-on-yellow provides clear, sharp text at minimum brightness.

There is some possibility my experience of "no eyestrain" is actually the relief of eyestrain now that I'm not using Opera Mini on a 2" screen a couple hours per day
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #12
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
That very much depends on the type of the mini notebook.
My toshiba libretto 50 - THE grandfather of all the mini notebooks - has no moving parts except for Harddisk. No fans, not even heatpipes for cooling.
And I have set up the power save option in Bios to switch off the disk after 5 minutes of inactivity.
So after opening a book and reading for 5 minutes there was no part moving inside the notebook. The notebook made as much noise and excess heat as my Sony Reader PRS500.
Toshiba Libretto 50 features the very first model of pentium processor (at whooping 75MHz). Yes this is the processor with the famous bug http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_bug
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:14 AM   #13
bouncy2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How long will it run for on a battery charge?
Generally speaking, it lasts about 3-4 hours. It also depends on how to use.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:22 AM   #14
oddity
oddity began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook/V3
In the past I used UMPCs, tablets, and netbooks/mininotebooks for reading, but now I use my beBook/V3
oddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:44 AM   #15
bouncy2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddity View Post
In the past I used UMPCs, tablets, and netbooks/mininotebooks for reading, but now I use my beBook/V3
How about your eBook/V3?

Tags
e-book reader, mini pc notebook