Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
JanieB
Enthusiast
JanieB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Changing computers

I just got a new computer, and I'm trying to get everything set up just the way I like it. I downloaded Calibre and now I need to populate it with my books. I did a backup of my old computer by copying my "Calibre Library" file onto a DVD. But within the Calibre Library, each book is inside a folder inside another folder. Is there an easy way to add all my books into the new Calibre Library without having to open each and every folder? Do I have to download metadata and tags for every single book again?

If it matters, I'm using Windows 7 and whatever is the latest version of Calibre.
JanieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
see http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ter-to-another
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
JanieB
Enthusiast

Thank you! I guess I should have done a search first.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
JanieB
Enthusiast

Ok, that was incredibly easy. Thank you for such a well-designed program, and for being available to answer questions!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome
Old 01-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #6
stargazir
Enthusiast
stargazir has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
Can I use this same method for copying my library to a new computer with a new device? I read another post about using save to disk however it was also talking about metadata. Being able to just copy the library seems much easier however I just wanted to check that it will work
stargazir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yes, it will work